Superstar Television/Doug Theatre

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
A while ago, there was rumor that Cinemagiue from Disney Studios Paris might be coming to DMGM Studios and locating in the old Superstar Television/Doug Live Theatre. Any word on this project for the future? I hate seeing unused attraction space in the parks.

Shaman

Seeing as The Studios is getting the Auto Stunt Show (also from Paris)...I doubt we may see Cinemagique any time soon....I hate seeing unused space too...I hope they put this to good use sometime in the near future....and hopefully something other than Cinemagique.....

jrriddle

The last time I was at DLP the Studios were not open yet.
I heard that Cinemagique was a really good show.
Can anyone give a review?

disneydawg

I wouldnt be upset if they just put Superstar Television back in. That was one of my favorite attractions at MGM. The Lucy skit was always funny.

BoyXE

I saw Cinemagique at the Paris Studios, it was a very cool film. The screen is on huge rollers so the spaces in the "film" that are necessary for the effects can be done seamlessly. You can't see any of this occur, it just looks like objects and people (well one person specifically) go right through the screen. It's really well done and a very sweet and nice tribute to LOADS of different films. Think a long version of the finale film of Great Movie Ride, while encapsulating it's own storyline and special effects. It would be great at MGM, though the theatre in DSP is WAY larger than the ABC TV theatre. The screen itself was huge. If they knocked out both Sounds Dangerous and the old theater, they may be able to pull it off, or just really restructure the film...

It's one of the only good attractions at the Studio park, along with the Stunt Show and Armageddon.

K

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by disneydawg
I wouldnt be upset if they just put Superstar Television back in. That was one of my favorite attractions at MGM. The Lucy skit was always funny.

I'd be down right tickled if they put that back in! i was able to see it only once, and that just wasn't enough! all i remember is the Lucy skit and the Home Improvement skit. what else was there?

it's such a big space to not do anything with, and i think Superstar would be a pretty big hit for a while if they reopened it! i'll keep my fingers crossed, but i'm not looking for it anytime too soon.

JLW11Hi

As cool as Cinemagique would be...

pleeease no more clones, and

pleeease no more show attractions at the Studios!!! Put more rides in first!!

domincfh

Account Suspended
i also miss superstar. it was my first great disney memory because everytime i went i would be chosen to dress like the cowboy from ponderosa. and every time i'd get called up on stage they'd ask "do you know what ponderosa is" and being 9 at the time i would say"yes its a restaurant" :lol: great memories!

yensid354

Superstar/Star 1TV

I miss it as well, I got to be in it twice, once as 'Dave Garaway' reading the news for the Today show, and as the butler in the 3 Stooges skit, and yes, did get the pie in the face.

I thought that the whole experience was great fun, it would be great to put something back in there, but from the standpoint of available Disney (ABC) owned shows, not a whole lot to choose from....

DisneySaint

Both Superstar and the Monster Sound Show were both better. The Gorey, Gruesome, Grotesque Monster Makeup Show in Universal is a good standard-setter, too, though!

crowdcontroltap

I miss Superstar Television too. I was the baseball player that hit the grandslam for the Mets to win the World Series and was interviewed by Howard Cossel. From what I remember of all the sketches there was: General Hospital; Golden Girls; Cheers; Johnny Carson; David Letterman; Ed Sullivan; Bonanza; Dave Garaway; The Three Stooges; Gilligans Island; Home Improvement; I Love Lucy; and thats about it from what I recall. Thanks for bringing this memory back to me :).

Testtrack321

What I think would be cool would be to have it converted into a movie theater free for guests. Guests would get tickets out of Fastpass machines and they can go see first run movies (to build up the hype, since people are more likly to like a FREE movie than one payed for).

DisneyDefenders

Possibilities for NEW SSTV

OK...some thoughts for possible shows that Disney could use for a new SSTV attraction...

Alias (put a guest in to do some of the stunts with Sydney)
Lizzie McGuire (a child guest could be Matt's friend)
The Bachelor (have a female guest be rejected by Bob!)
The Bachelorette (have the same female guest reject a bachelor)
AFV (numerous skits can be done with guests and played off as 'home videos)
That's So Raven (Raven could see something funny happen to a guest in their future)
The Practice (put a guest on trial)
not to mention putting a guest in the middle of one of ABC's great current sitcoms...8 Simple Rules, My Wife and Kids, The George Lopez Show, Life With Bonnie, Less than Perfect, I'm With Her, etc.

Any other ideas?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom