Sunday or Friday...Which is worst in August

musketeer

Original Poster
I'm planning on making a visit in August of this year, but I don't know which would be better with regard to crowd levels, Sunday through Thursday, or Monday through Friday. I would appreciate advice.

Thanks

Shaman

Probably, Sunday - Thursday....I believe the slowest days are Tuesday and Wednesday. Although, August...will be August....so I wonder if there will be a difference. Hopefully one of the locals can tell you for sure...

Or you can always run a search over in this forum I've linked...to see what the crowd levels and wait times were last year:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Whatever you decide, have a great time! :wave:

ToTBellHop

When in August are you going? If kids are back in school, Monday thru Friday would be the best. If not, Sunday thru Thursday. WDW's crowd patterns aren't that simple though--each park has different days they are packed on.

musketeer

Original Poster
ISTCNavigator57 said:
When in August are you going? If kids are back in school, Monday thru Friday would be the best. If not, Sunday thru Thursday. WDW's crowd patterns aren't that simple though--each park has different days they are packed on.

It would be either 8/12 - 8/17 or 8/13 - 8/18. In other words, I believe most kids would not be back in school yet.

So Sunday really is an ok day to go if the kids are not in school?

musketeer

Original Poster
Trizz41999 said:
I would wait for September, because thats when all the kids will be back in school.

I appreciate the response, but I have to be honest, it is very frustrating to receive a response like this. It happens all the times on various discussion boards, people offer unhelpful suggestions to very specific and direct questions.

First of all, I didn't ask this, I asked about August...not suggestions for September.

Secondly, this response doesn't help me at all.

I am aware of the fact that it is less crowded in September, so don't you think I would choose to go then if I could?

I have no intention of being rude, although I know it is coming off that way, but it frustrates me to no end when this happens.

Idk, but i hit AK and rode everest 4 times in 1 hour last sunday, because it was a 30 min wait the first time, and then a 10 and then no wait the last 2
that's all tho

MickeyMan101

I think either time frame should work for you. I just checked the Florida public school calander and they actually go back pretty early (between 8/8 and 8/15) so you should be ok.

eroyee

Sunday or Monday?

:wave: We always check in on a Sunday and start our park hopping on Mon. morning first thing. Remember, Sunday the general public comes in a lot just for the weekend days cause they are off work/school. Up to you, though.:sohappy:

musketeer

Original Poster
technoarch said:
I think either time frame should work for you. I just checked the Florida public school calander and they actually go back pretty early (between 8/8 and 8/15) so you should be ok.

That is interesting. Can anyone from Florida confirm this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom