Sunday, December 15th

figmentmom

Our daughter will be graduating from college in Florida on Saturday, December 14th, and we are thinking of making a one-day family trip to WDW on Sunday the 15th. (Unfortunately, we are limited to one day because my husband and I have to be back at work in New York on Tuesday.) All of our many trips to WDW have been in April and August, so I need some advice here. I know it's one of the busiest, if not THE busiest, time of the year, so how much can we really expect to see in a one-day visit? Should we just head for the MK, and be glad to see even one park? (Or should we just have our heads examined???):confused:

goofyman

One day I have to say head to MK. Plenty to do and se and eat, Maybe a special dinner at the Castle?. Anyway what ever it is you choose it will be a great day. CONGRATS to the GRAD!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Worldphile

That will be our first day of vaction there this year. :sohappy:

We have gone in the 3rd week of December each year for the past couple of years. We like that time because WDW is totally decked out for Xmas, but, it is the lull before the storm so to speak.

The major Christmas crowds usually don't roll in until whatever the weekend is before Christmas. So, the crowds on the 15th won't be nearly as bad as the crowds between Christmas and New Years.

So, you should have a pretty good day. It is a Sunday though, so it will be a little more crowded, but it shouldn't be insane.

If you have never been to WDW during Christmas, then I guess you should check out the MK to see all the Christmas decorations.

The Osborn Family Festival of lights is another thing that shouldn't be missed but it is at MGM and I don't think you can buy a one day park hopper.

So, I'd do the MK and don't miss the Christmas parade.

Upvote 0

Maria

If you have an annual pass you can go to each park (tiring but can be done), or to Epcot and The Studios to see "The Osborne´s Family Spectacle of lights".

If you are just buying a one day one park ticket, then without a doubt, EPCOT.

It´s December, the Christmas decorations are up, the Candlelight Processional is showing, the countries are decorated and the storytellers are working in each. The huge Christmas tree lights with a ceremony everynight, as well as the arches of wonder.

You can treat your daughter to a nice dinner at any of the countries, followed by a Candlelight Processional show. (There is a package for that that guarantees you a seat without queueing).

We had always been to WDW during Summer and Spring before, but when I was working there, my parents went to visit me in December, and it was just breathtaking! The parks -and for me Epcot specially- look awesome, and there are lots of things to see during that season!

:)

Upvote 0

jrashadb

Originally posted by Maria
If you have an annual pass you can go to each park (tiring but can be done), or to Epcot and The Studios to see "The Osborne´s Family Spectacle of lights".

If you are just buying a one day one park ticket, then without a doubt, EPCOT.

It´s December, the Christmas decorations are up, the Candlelight Processional is showing, the countries are decorated and the storytellers are working in each. The huge Christmas tree lights with a ceremony everynight, as well as the arches of wonder.

You can treat your daughter to a nice dinner at any of the countries, followed by a Candlelight Processional show. (There is a package for that that guarantees you a seat without queueing).

We had always been to WDW during Summer and Spring before, but when I was working there, my parents went to visit me in December, and it was just breathtaking! The parks -and for me Epcot specially- look awesome, and there are lots of things to see during that season!

:)

I concur...

I've been to Epcot every year for the holidays for about 6 or 7 years, and I've always loved it. Go to Epcot. You;ll love it. And, be sure to get a dinner package for the Processional. That's key.
Good luck.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Original Poster
Thanks, everybody! Looks like EPCOT will be our destination (although the graduate gets first choice!) We're really looking forward to seeing WDW decorated for the holidays.

Thanks again!:)

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by figmentmom
Thanks, everybody! Looks like EPCOT will be our destination (although the graduate gets first choice!) We're really looking forward to seeing WDW decorated for the holidays.

Thanks again!:)

Woohoo!! You won´t regret it! It´s very interesting and fun finding Christmas stuff from all over the world and how others celebrate it around the world.

There is some more info about "Holidays around the World" here:
http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/index.htm

Look for EPCOT on the main menu, then Holidays around the world, or go to America Gardens Theater and then click on Candlelight Processional to learn about the show. The narrator for Dec.15th. is Alfre Woodward. :animwink:

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

WDW in Dec before the Christmas crowds is a great thing. We went last year Dec, everyone should see WDW around Christams at least once.

I would check out the park hours and see if there was a MVMCP before making your dession. Also the Christams parade does not show everyday until right before christmas, so if you wanted to see it you might need to do the christmas party.

BTW if you are not doing MK or MVMCP the beach from Poly has a great veiw of the fireworks.

Have a great time. You may end up liking this time of year so much you may do a full week trip next year. It really is a fun time of year and crowds are low.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Original Poster
Thanks again! I will check out the park hours and schedule of parades for that date. Personally, I can't wait, since we've never been there at Christmas time before.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom