Sun Tan Lotion Smells Like Disney World!

DSNYKID

Original Poster
Ok...

Let's see if this strange phenomenon has ever happened to you. When We put sun tan lotion on our boys... ages 6 and 2, the smell makes us think of Disney World. Does this happened when you sun tan lotion your kids.. or maybe yourself?

Am I just alone here???

jiminy.cricket

Yeah; there was a thread about smells a while ago; I think sunblock reminds a lot of people of those vacations...at least it does me!!! :)

DisneyDellsDude

Actually, I had some chapstick awhile ago (it was labled citrus and came in a pack of 3 (the other two were different smells)) and it smelt just like the oranges on Soarin'.:slurp:

rcapolete

some days when there is a little breeze and the air has that light damp smell to it it reminds me of Disney world in the morning when you first leave your room

rtiller

Horizons too!

Actually, I had some chapstick awhile ago (it was labled citrus and came in a pack of 3 (the other two were different smells)) and it smelt just like the oranges on Soarin'.:slurp:

That's funny. A long time ago my mom had some citrus chapstick that smelled just like the oranges from Horizons. When I ride Soarin' I'm sure that's the same smell!

Where did you get this chapstick?

gotribe07

Yea, I did the same thing today. I was putting suntan lotion on and it immediately made me think of being in the Beach Club or OKW putting it on in the morning before heading to the parks for the day.

drp4video

I have a certain light citrusy perfurm, body by victoria secret, that I must have worn a lot there, because everytime I wear it here, it reminds my daughter of disneyworld.

mickeysgal

This is kind of scary...but a while ago Disney had this cherry smelling soap in the bathrooms, I loved washing my hands just to smell it. I later found it at home once...I forget the brand(I think it was Softsoap) but the scent was cherry almond... everytime I washed my hands at home...it brought back the memories.

I haven't thought of this in years...I wonder if Disney still uses that soap...and I'll have to check my grocery store for the other soap.

WDW-DWL

This happens to me every time I use Downy Wrinkle Releaser.  The first time that we every used the spray was during our trip in 2001.  My family thinks I'm craz.  The the smell of the spray just brings back of those magical memories

DisneyDellsDude

That's funny. A long time ago my mom had some citrus chapstick that smelled just like the oranges from Horizons. When I ride Soarin' I'm sure that's the same smell!

Where did you get this chapstick?

I think we just got it at Walmart.

And I actually went and found it in my room-- I thought I threw it out before. (I keep it just to smell it. I know creepy, but it brings back memories:D )

It's Aquafina FlavorSplash citrus blend kind. It came with two other berry type ones I think.

So if you want to smell Soarin' (or Horizons -which are supposed to smell similar I guess-) now you know were to get it!:slurp:

WDWFigment

Umm...maybe I'm the only one here, but I'm pretty sure oranges have a pretty constant smell, so it's not as if the chapstick smells like "soarin oranges" or "horizons oranges" but rather, like "oranges". You might just associate the smell of oranges with those attractions, and the chapstick smells like oranges, thus you associate the chapstick with oranges, but that should be true for anything that smells like oranges, it would stand to reason.

doop

some days when there is a little breeze and the air has that light damp smell to it it reminds me of Disney world in the morning when you first leave your room
YES! This morning it was just like that, very humid, a little chilly, and that exact smell you described was in the air. It was excellent.

DisneyDellsDude

Umm...maybe I'm the only one here, but I'm pretty sure oranges have a pretty constant smell, so it's not as if the chapstick smells like "soarin oranges" or "horizons oranges" but rather, like "oranges". You might just associate the smell of oranges with those attractions, and the chapstick smells like oranges, thus you associate the chapstick with oranges, but that should be true for anything that smells like oranges, it would stand to reason.

But it smells like chemical oranges in Soarin'. To me, Soarin' does not smell at all like fresh oranges or orange juice. The chapstick has that chemical hint to it, which reminds me of Soarin' more than anything else.
Everyone smells differently too, so you never know!

DSNYKID

Original Poster
But it smells like chemical oranges in Soarin'. To me, Soarin' does not smell at all like fresh oranges or orange juice. The chapstick has that chemical hint to it, which reminds me of Soarin' more than anything else.

I know what you mean.. although I laughed at the oranges smell like oranges post!

jiminy.cricket

YES! This morning it was just like that, very humid, a little chilly, and that exact smell you described was in the air. It was excellent.

Yes! Humidity always makes me recall family vacations at Disney World. And I agree; Soarin' has that manufactured, air-fresheneresque orange smell; not the fresh orange smell.

WDWFigment

Ah, I know what you mean. Okay, sorry for being a wise-guy!

Also, whenever I smell humid or slightly musty air, it reminds me of PotC.

Mikester71

Ah, I know exactly what smell you are describing! I can almost smell it just sitting here thinking about it.:D

Mikester71

The smell that most reminds me of our most recent trip is that of soap. Just regular old bath soap. I brought a bar from home to use and it wasn't one of our regular brands we usually use in the house. So about a week ago I was rifling under the sink for a bar of soap and grabbed what must have been a left over bar from that particular kind my wife must have bought around the time of the trip. The whole week or so I used it, it reminded me of our trip and more specifically, Pop Century. :animwink:

Mimi

Diesel exhaust!! Ahhh!!!! :slurp:

Whenever I drive behind a smelly bus or semi I find myself beginning to drift away to a happier place. I start thinking of trams and Disney buses and other fine vehicles. There's a little piece of heaven waiting for all of us in rush hour traffic!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom