Suggestions for Dinner at Animal Kingdom

sherylemomof2

Original Poster
Hi all got most of our reservations made today. Can anyone suggest a good place for 7 adults and 5 kids under age three to eat Dinner at Animal Kingdom?

DisneyJoe

There really aren't any, as AK normally closes at 5pm.

Rainforest Cafe has a dinner menu.

I would make reservations at Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, its only 5 minutes away from the Animal Kingdom park.

TTFN-Tiggger

Unless you are wanting to dine at the Rain Forest I would go off to another hotel or DTD for dinner. With the park closing earlier they do not have many choices for dinner.

BadTigger

By the park closes its still kinda early for dinner, also many of the food places aren't really a sit down and eat type eating, You have Mcdonalds in Dinoland, Flame Tree, and Tusker House but those are really more lunch stops then dinner. Your only real choice would be Rain Forest, someone said Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge which is good food, I don't know how well/worth it would be for taking kids since the foods are a little different.

tigsmom

There really aren't any, as AK normally closes at 5pm.

Rainforest Cafe has a dinner menu.

I would make reservations at Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, its only 5 minutes away from the Animal Kingdom park.

That would be my suggestion too. You can get a much better meal there than at the Rainforest Cafe and you can see some real animals as well.
Don't let the names of the foods put you off, they are really just regular food with African names. My kids loved the food (as did we) and its now on our list of "musts".

tigsmom

By the park closes its still kinda early for dinner, also many of the food places aren't really a sit down and eat type eating, You have Mcdonalds in Dinoland, Flame Tree, and Tusker House but those are really more lunch stops then dinner. Your only real choice would be Rain Forest, someone said Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge which is good food, I don't know how well/worth it would be for taking kids since the foods are a little different.

Once the switch to character buffet is complete I'm hoping that changes.
You are correct though that it may be too early for dinner for some; unless they were up at the crack of dawn for EMH, then their eating schedule could be off.

I have seen many kids there who were enjoying their meal and refilling their plates (mine were included) and they have the standard kid's fare for the non adventurous.

BRER STITCH

Remember...you can always just get on any bus to any other reosrt and eat there when you leave Animal Kingdom!

Tha opens up a "whole new world" of dining options!

Why not jump on the Wilderness Lodge bus and eat at Whispering Canyon? You get a good, fun meal, plus a chance to check out the Lodge and its surroundings!

That's just one example. There's lots of other ways to do this too!
HAVE FUN!

:wave:

poohster

We had reservations at Jiko at the lodge and really enjoyed it, we had the chicken which was very very tasty :slurp:
We also ate at Flame Tree i didnt have anything but my daughter had teh BBQ chicken and it was not cooked properly, yuk yuk

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The only thing about Boma with five kids under 3 would be the adults selecting food from the buffet that the kids would like. If you know your child is an adventurous eater, than by all means go to Boma. If you know they'll eat Mac & Cheese or Chicken Fingers, again by all means... If they're sick of the standard Disney kids' fare, but aren't into anything remotely spicy or 'different', then Boma might not be the best choice.

I've been lucky, DS has always been one to try anything. Of course, the down side is he seems to particularly gravitate to the most expensive choices [a twelve-year-old that absolutely loves Alaskan King Crab can be an expensive kid! :lol:]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom