Suggest my fourth restaurant!

PJF8919

Original Poster
I'm heading down November 13 through the 17th, I've been do WDW probly close to 25-30 but this will be my first time back since 2008 so we want to get the full dining experience. I have ADRs for dinner at Crystal Palace, California Grill and Chefs De France and thinking of adding one more for the Sunday night. Thinking maybe Germany or Hollywood Brown Derby? My sister and mother got food poisoning at Boma in AKL last trip so definitely not there..What do you guys think?

mbtohill

Depends on what you're looking for. We LOVE the Beirgarten, but it's a buffet and you do sit with other people. Great atmosphere, music, dancing and the food is good. Brown Derby is TOTALLY different. Great food, but not near the atmosphere of Germany.

MikeyK72

You can't go wrong with Yachtsman Steakhouse. If I remember correctly, they are the only steakhouse on WDW property that ages their own meat...and you can see the aging room directly to your left as you walk into the restaurant. Yum!

Also, I'd like to recommend (in no particular order) Fulton's, Artist Point, Narcoossee's, Citricos, and Jiko. If you haven't eaten at Chefs De France (and aren't already partial to that place), I'd recommend swapping any of the aforementioned for it in a heartbeat. Personally, Chefs De France was just okay to me while I'd rate any of those others as outstanding.

PJF8919

Original Poster
You can't go wrong with Yachtsman Steakhouse. If I remember correctly, they are the only steakhouse on WDW property that ages their own meat...and you can see the aging room directly to your left as you walk into the restaurant. Yum!

Also, I'd like to recommend (in no particular order) Fulton's, Artist Point, Narcoossee's, Citricos, and Jiko. If you haven't eaten at Chefs De France (and aren't already partial to that place), I'd recommend swapping any of the aforementioned for it in a heartbeat. Personally, Chefs De France was just okay to me while I'd rate any of those others as outstanding.

The Chefs de France ADR is for 8 PM on the friday so we'll be able to see the fireworks + extra magic hours. I'd like to stick with something in park. Just noticed extra magic hours for Sunday the 16th at MGM, so I'm leaning Brown Derby...

What have some of you're experiences been like there?

PJF8919

Original Poster

Yachtsman is great, definitely one of my favorites! The majority of my trips to WDW have been at the Yacht Club so i've dined there many times. Since this is a quick trip I want to stick with more Disney-themed restaurants if you can understand what i'm saying...Thanks tho!

seahawk7

I have read some bad reviews of Brown Derby which influenced me to cancel my reservation. If I were you, I would check out some of the reviews on this website as well as Allears.net. Some of the reviews on that website I have found to be spot on for restaurants I have been to so I trust the reviews for restaurants I haven't tried. But if you really want to go to Brown Derby, just go and see for yourself. Maybe you will have a great experience.

PJF8919

Original Poster
I have read some bad reviews of Brown Derby which influenced me to cancel my reservation. If I were you, I would check out some of the reviews on this website as well as Allears.net. Some of the reviews on that website I have found to be spot on for restaurants I have been to so I trust the reviews for restaurants I haven't tried. But if you really want to go to Brown Derby, just go and see for yourself. Maybe you will have a great experience.

I've heard some bad things too, that's why I wanted to hear what people had to say in the forum. Love 50's Prime Time for the atmosphere but the food IMO is just a little too 'mehh' to go to on a short trip.

If all else fails, we'll probably just end up doing Beaches N' Cream at the hotel and take the boats over to MGM afterwards. Nothin' wrong with that!

Kevin_W

We had lunch there June 6 and it was terrific. Probably 2x the price at lunch of a CS place but we really enjoyed sitting in the air conditioning and being waited on.

harryk

The Chefs de France ADR is for 8 PM on the friday so we'll be able to see the fireworks + extra magic hours. I'd like to stick with something in park. Just noticed extra magic hours for Sunday the 16th at MGM, so I'm leaning Brown Derby...

What have some of you're experiences been like there?
Have always had excellent service and meals. We do this every other year.

DisneyJunkie

You should definitely go with either The Coral Reef or Nine Dragons. Germany is good for a lunch and Brown Derby is simply disgusting.

Texas84

Brown Derby was good but it felt like they were trying to hard to have a unique menu. If you like to experiment go for it. Definitely worth going for the grapefruit cake.

awheartsdw

I would suggest Rose and Crown in England, especially if you can get outdoor seating. We had lunch there during Christmas of 2012, sat outside on the lagoon and it was beautiful. My DH's family on his father's side is English, so we feel a special connection going there, but for ambiance, it can't be beat. We had an awful experience during that same trip at Biergarten. Not only did we not enjoy the food, but we were seated with flat out racists. My DH didn't tell me what this person had said to him until after we finished our meal, as he knew that I would have discreetly said something to the ignorant person we were seated with. That alone has completely soured me from ever eating at Germany again.

jpittore1

We just returned from the World (6/7-6/15) and decided to give LeCellier another try since it went signature. We ate there for lunch and we were all elated at the turn around in the food quality. We ordered the filet or salmon and everyone talked about our meal afterwards. The last time we ate there was three years ago when it was not signature and we were disappointed...not anymore, we'll book LeCellier for our next trip.

Bairstow

If you haven't done Biergarten yet, I'd say go for it.
Its interior is a very nice bit of indoor-night theming that's as old as anything at Epcot, the food is heavy, but good, and the show is a lot of fun.
Just go in with a good attitude and be ready to drink/talk with the other people who might be seated at your table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom