Success!!

Figaro928

Original Poster
Just got back from our vaca & our Magic Bands worked PERFECTLY!!! Everything was seamless - no hiccups at all. Entry to the park was super easy. All of our dining reservations and FastPass+ times were all linked up. All in all we were extremely impressed

The only tip I would give is to not rely on the MDE app. Not sure why - but I had to log in each time I went on which was time consuming. I ended up writing all my FP+ reservations on my digital Google calendar and linked it up to everyone else in my party - that way it was easily accessible for everyone & we weren't waiting for the super slow wifi

I'm officially a believer!!!

Weather_Lady

:rolleyes:Sorry - sorta new - what's a DAS?

It's the "new" version of the GAC (disabled assistance) system. Those unable to wait in lines due to a disability can get a card with a return time for the attraction of their choice -- a few minutes less than the actual standby time for the attraction -- to come back and and experience the attraction Fastpass-style. The differences between this and the old GAC system are that you have to do it one attraction at a time (returning to the DAS kiosk to get a new return time after each attraction), and that the disabled guest has to be in the party when they experience the attraction (no more taking grandma's GAC, leaving her on the bench and taking youself and a few able-bodied friends through every Fastpass line you can find).

I assume the reference to it was an inside joke between the poster and the OP... :)

Figaro928

Original Poster
oh haha duh!! My fat butt could've used it.

seriously though .... huge fan of the whole new MyMagic system!!! really really impressed - if you have an opportunity to use it as a tester DO IT!!

G00fyDad

oh haha duh!! My fat butt could've used it.

seriously though .... huge fan of the whole new MyMagic system!!! really really impressed - if you have an opportunity to use it as a tester DO IT!!

This puts my mind more at ease. I have been really looking forward to this, but as with most new tech I was afraid it would have issues. I really hope my experience is as good as yours.

Figaro928

Original Poster
The bands were comfortable, water proof & light weight. I thought they would be uncomfortable in the humid heat but weren't bad at all. Two tips with those:

#1 - don't put the band on the wrist that you usually wear your watch on - otherwise you'll be looking at your band for the time all day like a nerd-o (Guilty)

#2 - put your band on the same wrist that you'll give your fingerprint and make note of which side pointer finger you use. my mom kept switching her band to each side & kept giving the wrong finger. It wouldn't read her print because she messed up her rights and lefts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom