Stupid Question when Adding Another Contract ( Resale)

Disney Dead Head

Original Poster
Ok, we have 3 Full Contracts Direct @ AK Kidani with a use year month of June. We rarely stay there and mostly stay @ BLT in a 2 bedroom. But as little ones have grown to be big ones with friends tagging along it's starting to get crowded. Thinking 3 bdr in future

My question is should I be more concerned with buying BLT points or Buying somewhere like Vero Beach where points are 3rd of cost and have the same Use Year Month?

Also Im not concerned with Deed Expiration
Thank you!

nickys

Premium Member
First thing, VB may be cheap for points but the dues are astronomical. Plus you could be hit for a special assessment for any storm damage. And of course you could only use those points for WDW at 7 months.

I would say that keeping the same use year will make things easier, unless you are changing when you usually vacation, or if your current use year doesn’t actually work well for you. If you keep the same use year you’ll have one membership which seems to be easier to combine points with rather than a new membership (but that is based solely on what I’ve read).

I’m a great believer in buying whee you want to stay. Or at least where you would be happy to stay. Especially when those points won’t be any good for Riviera, VDH and presumably the Cabins at FW and any other new resort. Bay Lake dues are not bad compared with other resorts.

Disney Dead Head

Original Poster
First thing, VB may be cheap for points but the dues are astronomical. Plus you could be hit for a special assessment for any storm damage. And of course you could only use those points for WDW at 7 months.

I would say that keeping the same use year will make things easier, unless you are changing when you usually vacation, or if your current use year doesn’t actually work well for you. If you keep the same use year you’ll have one membership which seems to be easier to combine points with rather than a new membership (but that is based solely on what I’ve read).

I’m a great believer in buying whee you want to stay. Or at least where you would be happy to stay. Especially when those points won’t be any good for Riviera, VDH and presumably the Cabins at FW and any other new resort. Bay Lake dues are not bad compared with other resorts.
Thank you!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member

Yes, agree with all of this. A second member ID is manageable and it's what I do and there are positives, like I'm able to take on multiple transfers. BUT I'm also nuts and don't recommend this for most people. With two member IDs you *could* transfer points once per use year from account to the other (allowed one transfer in OR out per UY, but not both), but that's unnecessary. It's worth finding the right contract to avoid that hassle.

I'd consider the cheapest place you'd be happy to stay. That's Saratoga for a lot of people for cheap buy-in plus cheaper dues + long contract. But I'd really consider more AKL points and booking a grand villa there to use as a backup of you can't move someone else. Personally, I think AKL would be a lovely fall back, but understand people have different likes.

nickys

Premium Member
With two member IDs you *could* transfer points once per use year from account to the other (allowed one transfer in OR out per UY, but not both), but that's unnecessary. It's worth finding the right contract to avoid that hassle.
I’ve read that MS will allow transfers between memberships without the transfer rules applying. Have you ever needed, or wanted, to do that? And did they allow it for you? Just curious.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I’ve read that MS will allow transfers between memberships without the transfer rules applying. Have you ever needed, or wanted, to do that? And did they allow it for you? Just curious.
I've not tried that way. Points get transferred into my accounts but never out. 😄 But allowing a member to transfer to oneself without transfer rules applying would eliminate headaches. That said, it feels like an exception to a rule and an exception they could change policy on an any point. I have to call MS this weekend to renew APs so I'll try to remember to ask for more information and report back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom