Stroller rentals vs trying to bring one with yeah on airlines

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Was wondering how some of you handle the problem of having to using a stroller through the parks. Do you bring yours or do you just rent them while your there?:confused: Wife worried about loading our double stroller on the airlines because they dont handle stuff with the gentle of hands. What all do you recommend:brick::brick::brick:

Thanks for your time, John:wave:

scorp111

We always take ours, even when we fly.

Our Double Stroller was under $200. If it were to get damaged etc, we would just live with it. Renting a double stroller, can get pretty expensive pretty quick, so we have always thought of it as a risk vs reward scenario.

We have been lucky I guess.

We actually had a single stroller stolen while we were watching Fantasmic. At first, I was pretty upset, but when I realized how much renting a stroller would have cost for the 5 previous trips that stroller had been to WDW, I figured I came out ok.

We now sometimes lock the wheels with a cable lock if we are going to leave the stroller for an extended period, like for a show.

Jessie&Buzz

I took our stroller on the plane. I just took it to the gate and checked it in there. It was waiting for us when we got off in Orlando. Couldn't have asked for better service. I have also rented a stroller for my older child. They aren't too comfy according to her especially when she wasn't feeling well and wanted to lay down.

Dwarful

Three questions:
-when are you going?(cool weather/hot weather etc)
-how old is the child?
-where are you staying?

If you are staying onsite with a young child (under 3) at a value resort or Coronado you will want that stroller to cover the resort walking.

We have done both rental and bring our own. Now we just rent on a day by day basis. At MGM and AK we don't need a stroller but for long days at MK and Epcot we rent a stroller.
You definately want a stroller with a sun shade and some type of storage. Using the buses the bigger monster strollers can be a pain in the neck to deal with on the buses.

ErickainPA

We took our stroller with us, as our son is only 7 months. We wanted the familiarity, reclining and comfort for him. Since your kids are a bit older, you could look into get reclining umbrella strollers (for those quick naps) so you can use it on resort property and also at the parks.

We are due to have another baby, but since we aren't planning on another Disney trip for a while after the new baby comes, I don't have to think that far ahead yet.

AndyJo0930

On our first trip with our kids they were 1 and 3 and we took our double stroller. We had no problems on the plane, we kept them in the stroller until we were at the door of the plane, then took them out, folded it up and then stored it for us. When we got off the plane, it was there waiting for us. It was much easier in the airport too pushing then in the stroller then trying to get to the next plane with everything and two kids. It was much easier to take our own stroller, just for going back and forth to the food court at the hotel. It was a little bulky getting it on and off of the bus (you have to break it down, they can't stay in it.) We would suggest taking your own.

Dwarful

Well, with them being 5 & 3 and going in Sept, it won't be quite so hot, nor quite so crowded. I'd opt to just rent getting the multiday rental. The park strollers are easy to push, have pockets for holding things, are easy to cover with a poncho if it rains and are easy for the kids to get in and out of.

In MK for example you can park the stroller in one area and cover all of Fantasyland w/o moving the stroller at each attraction. The same is true for Toon Town.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom