Straws at AKL?

crazygirley

Okay, so straws aren't allowed at Animal Kingdom, but are they allowed at Animal Kingdom Lodge?

(Just staying there in June and wondering if we will need to bring them with us!)

Maria

Originally posted by crazygirley
Okay, so straws aren't allowed at Animal Kingdom, but are they allowed at Animal Kingdom Lodge?

(Just staying there in June and wondering if we will need to bring them with us!)

I don´t know if they are allowed but I am guessing they are not. Why would you have to bring your own to a place that you know doesn´t allow them for the safety of the animals around you? Can´t you drink from the bottle/glass? :hammer:

Upvote 0

Figaro

If you are worried about it because you are going with children, they do have straws with the kid's souvenier cups. They are the thick plastic bendy type. We got one for our son at Boma, he couldn't drink out of a cup very well yet and could only use straws or sippy cups.

But if it's for an adult, I agree with Maria. They have the no straw "rule" for a reason. If you're really desperate, buy one of the souvenier drink bottles and rinse it out at night.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

But I am quite positively sure that "crazeygirley" will act as a mature adult and use one straw per beverage bottle and discard properly and safely. The rule is that Disney does not supply straws, just as no gum is supplied, so bring the item yourself. I'm sure she isnt evil hearted and thus will not be strategically planting straws in each animal pit.

It's proven fact about cigarette smoke and the topic issue negatively harminf the environment, and they STILL allow that (however in certain areas.) Im not trying to be mean either

Upvote 0

Figaro

But I am quite positively sure that "crazeygirley" will act as a mature adult and use one straw per beverage bottle and discard properly and safely. The rule is that Disney does not supply straws, just as no gum is supplied, so bring the item yourself. I'm sure she isnt evil hearted and thus will not be strategically planting straws in each animal pit.

I don't think she, or anyone else here, would intentionally lose the straws. But, accidents happen. You never know.

Personally, I prefer using straws also, but it's not worth it to me to injure, or worse case senario, cause a death over a straw. Best advice is to just use the hard plastic reusable ones rather than the flimsy disposable ones.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by surfsupdon

It's proven fact about cigarette smoke and the topic issue negatively harminf the environment, and they STILL allow that (however in certain areas.) Im not trying to be mean either

I just looked at some of the stuff from my last AKL visit. No straws, and not to even bringing them there as well.

The are very strict rules about a few things there. No straws, no ballons, no feeding animals, no smoking on the balconies of the savanna, and if you drop something into the savanna by acciedent, you need to call front desk right away.

Failure to do so can get you kicked out of the resort (without a refund I might add). Disney takes the safety of the animals very very seriously, and they will not tolerate infractions.

If it was me, and I had to have a straw, I do what Figaro said and bring a big hard plastic reusable ones, similar to what they give out for the kids cups.

It's not just that you may be very carful about it, but the issues are still there after you throw it away. It could blow out of a trash can or something like that and get into a savanna. A bird grabs it, and then it dies. Nobody want to hurt these animals, and I for one will not break these rules. I can go strawless for week and handle it. :animwink:

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Original Poster
I don't want to break any rules, it's just that someone I am going with needs to use a straw. We are perfectly fine with bringing our own, and we plan on disposing of them properly. Thanks for all of the comments!

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

Originally posted by MicBat
Oh my gosh... Maybe I haven't had straws... I dont know! :veryconfu

lol you are probably thinking you went to the world or other parks and i had straw there so I must have had a straw at ak lol its ok I did it the first couple of times I went to AK too :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom