strategy for 60 day window

Karenb64

Original Poster
Does anyone know if two people could be logged on at the same time to the same account so that two people could be working on getting fastpasses for different days?

Rob562

Does anyone know if two people could be logged on at the same time to the same account so that two people could be working on getting fastpasses for different days?

Possibly, though I'd say it's highly likely that you could cause confusion in the system.

But in reality, you *really* don't need to be that crazy-fast to make your FP+ reservations at the 60-day window. You could wait until a day or two before and still get everything you need.

If you really, really want to book as fast as possible with two people, I'd suggest using two different logins. I presume you've set up everyone in your travel party as "managed by you" profiles under your account. If so, have one of your travel companions take ownership of their own account by clicking the "Invite to plan and share" icon next to their name. Then have them link to you and everyone else in your party. After that they can then log in as themselves and make FP+ reservations for everyone in your group.

But you really don't need to worry about it. It's not like every FP+ is a breakfast reservation in the Castle...

-Rob

Weather_Lady

Also, don't be surprised if many of the FP+ you want (e.g., parades, fireworks, certain character M&Gs) are not shown as "available." That doesn't mean they're already taken -- but they get "released" in stages, so you have to keep checking back.

lebeau

Also, don't be surprised if many of the FP+ you want (e.g., parades, fireworks, certain character M&Gs) are not shown as "available." That doesn't mean they're already taken -- but they get "released" in stages, so you have to keep checking back.

Wow. Unbelievable.

Karenb64

Original Poster
Possibly, though I'd say it's highly likely that you could cause confusion in the system.

But in reality, you *really* don't need to be that crazy-fast to make your FP+ reservations at the 60-day window. You could wait until a day or two before and still get everything you need.

If you really, really want to book as fast as possible with two people, I'd suggest using two different logins. I presume you've set up everyone in your travel party as "managed by you" profiles under your account. If so, have one of your travel companions take ownership of their own account by clicking the "Invite to plan and share" icon next to their name. Then have them link to you and everyone else in your party. After that they can then log in as themselves and make FP+ reservations for everyone in your group.

But you really don't need to worry about it. It's not like every FP+ is a breakfast reservation in the Castle...

-Rob
Wow. Unbelievable.
Thanks for the help. I actually set everyone up on the same account because I.T. advised we do it this way. I have been reading that there really isn't a need for a "mad dash" to get the fp's, but because I am working with a family group of 19, and 12 now want fp's for Elsa and Anna, I'm a little nervous. Plus they have little ones that need naps, so afternoon breaks are a must, which means scheduling fp's will potentially be a little trickier. And yes, I've also been reading that certain attractions are not necessarily being released at the 60 day window. It's going to get really annoying if I have to constantly be monitoring the account to see if the Elsa and Anna window has opened up.

Weather_Lady

Wow. Unbelievable.

You've got that right! :) So far, trying to arrange FP+ for my family has cost me hours -- 20 minutes to set things up at 60 days, and several minutes a day every day since to go back and see if other things have "opened up" yet, using a slow website that requires half a dozen "clicks" to get anything done.

So far, it's paid off with respect to the Anna/Elsa M&G, for which I was able to snag a blink-and-you'll-miss-it-FP+ reservation when they magically (and very temporarily) became available around 50 days out, but no MK parades or fireworks, or BOG lunch FP availability (which requires navigating a separate link to a separate website and clicking through several screens before finding out if you're eligible) yet.

We are now 40 days out, and despite multiple phone calls to WDW, the only advice I've gotten from CMs is to "keep checking back" because "the release windows keep changing all the time." By the time we actually get to WDW, I'll have spent the equivalent of an entire park day messing around with FP+ -- all so we can have advanced reservations to experience fewer attractions than we used to. I'm still trying to figure out where the promised "convenience" and "time savings" of FP+ is supposed to come in. (Fear not, for the sake of my family I will forcefully adjust my attitude to "insanely positive" prior to our WDW arrival, but at this point, I'm annoyed...) ;)

Last edited:

ratherbeinwdw

Thanks for the help. I actually set everyone up on the same account because I.T. advised we do it this way. I have been reading that there really isn't a need for a "mad dash" to get the fp's, but because I am working with a family group of 19, and 12 now want fp's for Elsa and Anna, I'm a little nervous. Plus they have little ones that need naps, so afternoon breaks are a must, which means scheduling fp's will potentially be a little trickier. And yes, I've also been reading that certain attractions are not necessarily being released at the 60 day window. It's going to get really annoying if I have to constantly be monitoring the account to see if the Elsa and Anna window has opened up.
My problem is that I set up everyone's fps, but now I need to change for just one person for certain rides. I can't figure out how to change a fp for one person. It always shows all the names that I manage, and I can't find where to change for just one person. I'm really afraid to mess with it too much.

KellyELock

I was searching the forums to see if anyone was able to reserve Elsa and Anna FP+ for MK, and it sounds like some of you were. I see the option, but all it says is "Standby Available" for all the dates I've checked....up to May 26th! How did you get so lucky?

Also, you can change your FP+ for just 1 person. I just did this on Saturday on my phone, while we were on our way to MK. It's a little different based on if you're using the mobile app or just the online website. On the online website, click on "Make Changes" on the ride/experience you want to change. You can either select a new time for the same ride/experience or select a new ride/experience. Both options allow you to select the person(s) you want to make changes for. On the mobile app, you go to the FastPass+ option that you have reserved and there is an option for "Update My Fast Pass+". Once you click that, you select what you want to change (time or ride or both). Once past this screen, you can select which members of your party you want to apply it to. I did freak out a little when I first did this because after I changed a ride time for just one of us, it didn't show the other 2 members of my party's Fast Pass+ options anymore. I thought they had been erased. However, after logging out of the mobile app and back on, all of our selections (and my updated one) was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom