strange Coronodo bus trip length

CubbieMan

I am staying at the CS resort for the 1st time this October...I was curious on just how out of the way it is.. The length of the bus trips to each park was listed on allears.

20 minutes to magic kingdom...10 minutes to MGM and EPCOT...this all made sense to me...even blizzard beach was less then 5 minutes...which is what it should be since it is right next door...the one time frame I found strange was Animal Kingdom...20 Minutes????? DAK is our next door neighbor...one would think it would be in the less then 5 minutes time frame....what is the deal...do they take the sceneic route or what...just curious

PhilharMagician

If I remember this correctly, the bus for AK goes to BB first and then to AK. That should explain your 20 minute bus ride. The bussing for CSR is probably the best on the property so you should have to many problems. :wave:

Upvote 0

TURKEY

PhilharMagician said:
If I remember this correctly, the bus for AK goes to BB first and then to AK. That should explain your 20 minute bus ride. The bussing for CSR is probably the best on the property so you should have to many problems. :wave:

Speaking from no experience from Coronado Springs, as I come from the All-Stars. At the All-Stars, Blizzard shares a bus with Epcot, as does AKL (I believe). All other resorts (except maybe Coronado) use AK buses (at least that's what I think at the moment).

If it does indeed go to BB first, then that should explain it.

However if it doesn't stop at BB first, all the bus should have to do is make a right out of Coronado, take the onramp to Osceola Parkway, get into the left hand lane (can be difficult) and then make a right at the light headed to AK backstage or AKL straight ahead.

Upvote 0

Thrawn

Account Suspended
When I stayed at CSR a couple years ago, the bus stopped at BB before going to DAK. I never had much wait for a bus, which is a definete plus.

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

We have stayed at CSR several times and it does stop at BB, even if it is not open. I assume this is due to WinterSommerland Mini Golf. I would say 15-20 min. is correct but it is mostly due waiting at the stoplight at BB, it's a long one!!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Here are the bus times that Tyler put up last year for CS:

Coronado Springs -> MK - 10 mins
Coronado Springs -> Epcot via BB - 10 mins
Coronado Springs -> Studios - 6 mins
Coronado Springs -> DAK - 7 mins

And, AKL only shares the BB/TL buss with DD. All the other park busses from AKL are direct. This probebly can change if they have a bussing shortage, but on the whole AKL has it's own exclusive routes.

Hey Tyler, speak up and give us a bit of insite :D

Upvote 0

bhg469

actually of all the resorts i have stayed and visited coronado has had the BEST transportation. IF i didnt just buy a new car, a very fast hot car, i would be going back there within months. That was always my biggest draw to that resort since the first time i stayed there about 3 years ago.

Upvote 0

Invero

AkiraRaptor said:
Coronado Springs -> MK - 10 mins
Coronado Springs -> Epcot via BB - 10 mins
Coronado Springs -> Studios - 6 mins
Coronado Springs -> DAK - 7 mins
Those times would be accurate for when the DAK bus does not stop at BB. With a BB stop, add 5 minutes. The Epcot bus will always stop at Blizzard Beach.

As for AKL, Blizzard Beach is via the Disney-MGM Studios bus.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Does anyone know what the bussing times are for SSR since we are on this subject. I was figuring that they would be long and maybe even have to stop @ OKW also. I want to have some idea especially when planning breakfast in the parks.

Upvote 0

Invero

They do not stop at OKW.

General rule for PS for any resort - Always be out at your bus stop 45 minutes prior to your priority seating, and you should have no problems getting there with time to spare.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Invero said:
Those times would be accurate for when the DAK bus does not stop at BB. With a BB stop, add 5 minutes. The Epcot bus will always stop at Blizzard Beach.

As for AKL, Blizzard Beach is via the Disney-MGM Studios bus.

Thanks for the update! :wave:

Upvote 0

CubbieMan

Original Poster
Thebriarpatch said:
WHERE PRAYTELL are you finding the bustrip info on allears? I can't find it

(Blonde moment!!)
There is no exact bus info link....I just was curious as to what they thought about CS...seeing it was one of the only resorts I have not at least seen in person...which will change after October...In which Deb listed the time lengths of thier bus trips...I am assuming they only went to Animal Kingdom once..so it may have been a special case...the 7 minute time frame sounds a bit more probable.

None the less I am really looking forward to the trip reguardless

Upvote 0

bhg469

CubbieMan said:
There is no exact bus info link....I just was curious as to what they thought about CS...seeing it was one of the only resorts I have not at least seen in person...which will change after October...In which Deb listed the time lengths of thier bus trips...I am assuming they only went to Animal Kingdom once..so it may have been a special case...the 7 minute time frame sounds a bit more probable.

None the less I am really looking forward to the trip reguardless

Im jealous, youll be happy with how well transportation works there. it really is the best, plus you rarely have to stand because the busses are hardley ever full

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Invero said:
They do not stop at OKW.

General rule for PS for any resort - Always be out at your bus stop 45 minutes prior to your priority seating, and you should have no problems getting there with time to spare.

Thanks for the info! :wave:

Upvote 0

Nicole

The Unofficial Guide to WDW has a VERY thorough times chart which lists the time to each park from all the WDW hotels as well as dozens (hundreds?) of off-site hotels.

Unfortunately my copy has wandered away - do doubt because I carry it everywhere with me, like a wubbie - so I can't post their times for you. You can trust Invero's times though, I'll vouch for him. :D

Upvote 0

saltmom1

From what hotel are you looking for transportation info ? I have the Unofficial Guide. I can let you know if you write back by tomorrow. Leaving on Monday for WDW !!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom