Steam Pod Question

Bacon

Original Poster
Ok I like cheeseburgers and I would love to try the cheeseburger steamed pod But is there a way to get no Mustard or even a ketchup substitute either is fine options.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Ok I like cheeseburgers and I would love to try the cheeseburger steamed pod But is there a way to get no Mustard or even a ketchup substitute either is fine options.
I'm sure they could accommodate the request, just ask at time of order.

doctornick

I'm sure they could accommodate the request, just ask at time of order.

Do you think? This was something I was curious about because I assumed those ingredients are all pre-loaded into the pod before it is cooked, possible before it even gets to the restaurant. If they actually make the pods there at the restaurant, perhaps it can be more custom made.

tribbleorlfl

I think there are cheeseburger pods on the kids meal, so I wouldn't be surprised if they'll have some premade "plain." These look fairly labor-intensive to make, so they're definitely not going to be made to order.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Where do you get a steam pod? Sounds yummy.

Satu'li Canteen

More video on the Satu'li offerings with vloggers eating it right in front of you here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...tar-media-tracker-pics-videos-reviews.926683/

Kevin_W

These sound interesting, but my daughter would turn up her nose at pickle and mustard (as would I!). Luckily, the other options sound very good as well.

disneygeek90

As far as we know, are all of the restaurant/bar/shop locations set to be open for the AP previews?

I'm assuming the "Pandora Amber Ale" is virtually the Safari Amber?

AEfx

I live for cheeseburgers, but that looks really gross, LOL. It reminds me of something I have been seeing lately in frozen food sections at the grocery store.

That said, of course I'll try one, LOL.

doctornick

I think there are cheeseburger pods on the kids meal, so I wouldn't be surprised if they'll have some premade "plain." These look fairly labor-intensive to make, so they're definitely not going to be made to order.

The kid's menu cheeseburger pod has the same description as the adult one ("steamed cheeseburger pod stuffed with ground beef, ketchup, mustard, pickle, and cheddar cheese"). But I do wonder if they will have some available which are "plain" (just beef and cheese or even a hamburger with just meat inside) for more picky eaters.

Sadly, I fall into this category, as I pretty much detest pickles but otherwise would be very interested in this as a food option -- I love Cha Siu Bao (BBQ pork buns) at Dim Sum places and this seems like a cool variant of that.

disneygeek90

I live for cheeseburgers, but that looks really gross, LOL. It reminds me of something I have been seeing lately in frozen food sections at the grocery store.

That said, of course I'll try one, LOL.
I tried the vegetable one and it was delicious, as were the chips and cole slaw. And I hate cole slaw.

MonorailRed

Applebees

So far, accommodations haven't been made to the bao buns with what's included in it. The batch for the buns is all mixed together before putting it into the bun - like the style of a sloppy joe or what @doctornick 's thought on this was. So it's tough to take one component out in a quick service setting.

Do you think? This was something I was curious about because I assumed those ingredients are all pre-loaded into the pod before it is cooked, possible before it even gets to the restaurant. If they actually make the pods there at the restaurant, perhaps it can be more custom made.

The kid's menu cheeseburger pod has the same description as the adult one ("steamed cheeseburger pod stuffed with ground beef, ketchup, mustard, pickle, and cheddar cheese"). But I do wonder if they will have
some available which are "plain" (just beef and cheese or even a hamburger with just meat inside) for more picky eaters.

Sadly, I fall into this category, as I pretty much detest pickles but otherwise would be very interested in this as a food option -- I love Cha Siu Bao (BBQ pork buns) at Dim Sum places and this seems like a cool variant of that.

The difference is the portion size for the Kids vs. Adult Cheeseburger Pod. Adults get two per meal while kids get one. The kids chips are also different (Less colorful variety, more regular potato chips - still made in house). As far as I was told, accommodations to the bao buns aren't available - but there are accommodations to the build your own bowl for allergies and such.

I know for picky eaters, the "hot dog wrapped in dough" option is a pretty solid bet on the kids menu. You can also ask for the different components of the "Build your own Bowl" on the side as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom