Staying onsite but relative is staying offsite can we link at tix together (magic+)

999doombuggies

Original Poster
So we are likely staying onsite for our next trip. My sister is coming down but will not be staying at a Disney hotel with us. If we buy our passes and a pass for my sister can we then link the group together for magic+? For instance, instead of buying 5 passes we buy 6 and give the pass to my sister when she arrives.

We want to ride the major rides together and fast passes tend to be the the best way to do this. I would hate to separate the group all due to this new fastpass magic+ system.

Thanks for any input.

Tom

Beta Return
I don't think this will work. To use FP+, you must have a Magic Band. And to get a Magic Band, you must be staying at a Disney Resort hotel (at least for now).

This may change by the time you go, but not likely this calendar year.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
won't work. this just happened to my friends last night

Marci is a FL Resident AP holder (no magic band) and couldn't link with our friends staying at Pop Century...stupid stupid stupid!!!!

999doombuggies

Original Poster
Really kind of sucks. We might as well stay offsite that way we can all remain together. Plus we will save a bundle of money.

GeekDad

It won't work currently but when the system is fully rolled out she would be able to use FP+.

If you are doing a room only reservation you could buy your tickets seperatly and not link them to your account and then you could use the regular fast pass system that your sister would be using.

999doombuggies

Original Poster
We're now staying off-site. Rather wait in lines together than not get to enjoy the parks together. My sister has Marriott points so Marriott village here we likely come. We will save roughly 1,600 on this hotel shift. Who knows, maybe this plus system will be available to all when we arrive.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Since Gust Relations can't just add people to FP+ who aren't eligible during testing, I'd say very little.

-Rob

Indeed. However he already stated they switched to staying off-site which just cost Disney $$$ I'd just be curious as to what their "service recovery" would be for this.

Rob562

Well if the breaking point for the poster to switch from on-site to off-site was not being able to share a currently-for-onsite-Guests-only perk with their off-site friends/family, and Disney can't provide what they want (giving their off-site friends access to FP+), then I don't see Disney doing anything for them. (Nor do I think Disney should)

It'd be like going into McDonald's and saying "I want chili for my side-dish instead of fries or I'm leaving and going somewhere else." Will McDonald's suddenly be able to make chili? Or will they let the customer leave because they're asking for unreasonable demands?

-Rob

CanadaJulie

Could you not add your sister to your room reservation ? Whether she actually stays in the room or not is not important (she can stay at the Marriott). She would get a Magic Band and you'd all be together for the FP+...

I'm not sure how many people your onsite room holds so this would only be an option if what you've chosen can sleep your family plus your sister. If not, then never mind !! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom