Staying Off-Site and Using FastPass+

Stryker927

Original Poster
Hello,

My family and I will be visiting WDW this June and I wanted to make sure I understand the new processes for FastPass+ especially when we are staying off-site.

We purchased our tickets already. MYW Base Ticket for 5 Days (no hopper or other options). We are staying off-site at the condo we normally stay at and enjoy. I have read up on the new processes but have yet to find a site that explains the process very well for off-site guests.

What I believe the process will be is that we can not use the online reservation system for FastPass since we do not have a Disney resort package. We will have to visit a FastPass kiosk each day when we arrive at the park to make reservations for that day. Also the reservations are limited to three per day.

Assuming this is correct, when visiting the FastPass kiosk, do we need to have all seven of us present with tickets or can one person wait in line with those seven tickets?

Appreciate any and all clarification or confirmation of the above. Thanks everyone!

horizons82

You are completely correct about having to make your FastPass arrangements at the kiosk in the park the same-day you go since you are staying off-site.

As for the members in your party, if they are all linked in the MDE (My Disney Experience) account on the WDW website or app, then you should be able to just have one card (or MB) scanned when you make FP plans and it will make them for everyone in your party. However, if there are guests not linked to your MDE account, then you would need to have those scanned as well when you do your FastPasses.

This is how I understand it to be but I'm sure someone else with confirm or correct me.

Have a great trip!

Last edited:

Rob562

There have been rumblings that advance FP+ reservations will be coming in the near future for all guests who purchase their tickets and link them to their MDE profiles.

Here's what I'd suggest:
-Have everyone in your group either create their own profiles on the WDW site, or have someone create "managed by them" profiles for others in the group. (Anyone who could potentially visit the parks without the others should really have their own profile)
-Have everyone add each other to their Friends & Family lists.
-Link the park tickets to the appropriate profiles.

After that, if FP+ goes live for all Guests, you'll have access to making FP+ reservations before you get to the park. You'll also be able to make changes on the phone app.

If not, you should probably have everyone's ticket with you at the kiosk when making the FP+ choices. I don't know if just linking profiles as Friends on MDE is enough to give you access on the kiosks...

-Rob

Stryker927

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies everyone I will investigate adding the ticket numbers to the WDW site. We have used it quite a bit for dinner reservations and have all of us in managed profiles but I'll see what we can do with it. Thanks again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom