Staying at the Contemporary in January 2013? Construction??

Pinipig523

Hey Guys -

Looking to go back to WDW for the 4th time - 1/21 to 1/25. I saw that there was construction to the 14th floor and possibly one of the restaurants to be started early 2013.

We called the hotel desk and they were not aware - what is the consensus otherwise? We just don't want to go when there's building stuff everywhere.

Thanks!

dreamfinder

I would wager the effect on guests from this construction will be minimal at best. As long as you didn't want Cali Grill for dinner, you most likely won't notice it. I also thought that the refurb dates had been changed recently.

Not completely shocked that a front line CM didn't know about something. More often than not, posters on here end up knowing more about changes and new things coming into the parks than CMs do. Hence the mentality that if you call CRO and the first CM doesn't know about something, or says you can't do it and people on here say you can, to call back and get a different CM. With 65,000 CMs its very difficult to keep them all up to date on everything that is going on all over property.

Upvote 0

Polydweller

You actually didn't get the hotel desk. You got the call center. Even in a resort room when you call the front desk you are actually connected to the call center. The call center simply answers like they are the hotel, that's how Disney works. The call center CM could be hundreds of miles away and not know anything about the construction.

Upvote 0

Innkeeper's Club

Assuming there is construction to the 14th floor that won't effect you at all. The reason is it's enclosed so anyone staying there can't look down onto 4th floor like the other floors in the Tower.

As for the California Grill a few months ago I read it was closing in 2013 for 6 months, however the renovation over there shouldn't be a problem because of where it's located. Just like the 14th floor the California Grill is enclosed from the rest of the Tower and is only acceesed by a specifc elevator on the 2nd floor.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom