Stateroom in front of elevators?

cdoza

Original Poster
We are on the Disney Dream in April in room 6042 in front of elevators. In one way happy to be close to elevators and stairs but right in front will I hear constant dinging? My daughter is a light sleeper.

Thanks in advance

Phonedave

It depends on what you call a light sleeper. I have been near the elevators and it never bothered me. I have been over the nightclub, and THAT kept us all awake, but elevator lobbies - no.

EOD K9

I booked a room near right at the entrance to the lobby on deck seven aboard the Dream for the DVC Member's cruise. It wasn't my first choice, but there wasn't a lot available. Anywho, I'd like to think that the running and screaming of the kids in the hallway will be over by the time we go to bed.

Club Cooloholic

Had a similar room on deck 8 and never heard any dings from the elevator. Also your daughter will probably sleep in the bunk or couch bed and those are farthest from the hallway door. Great room to get to stairs or elevators and you will always find your room due to the obvious location.

jaklgreen

Those doors are pretty sound proof. If they have a ship wide announcement I have to open the door to be able to hear what they are saying. We usually stay aft and close to the elevators and not have any issues with the actual elevator noise. We do hear people that like to talk at the top of their lungs early in the morning as they walk down the hallway. But we hear that no matter where the room is located. I never did understand why people yell down the hallway, especially in the mornings.

Sans Souci

On my last cruise, I stayed in a room right by the elevator. Like the others have said, I didn't hear any elevator dings and I am a very light sleeper. You might hear excited, little voices in the morning, but it's really not a big deal. I really like the convenience of being the the stairs and elevator. :)

jaklgreen

On my last cruise, I stayed in a room right by the elevator. Like the others have said, I didn't hear any elevator dings and I am a very light sleeper. You might hear excited, little voices in the morning, but it's really not a big deal. I really like the convenience of being the the stairs and elevator. :)

I must get on the cruises with loud people, it is not the kids that are yelling but the adults. :rolleyes:

Sans Souci

I must get on the cruises with loud people, it is not the kids that are yelling but the adults. :rolleyes:

I've been on one of those. We were on the Magic and we could hear the woman in the stateroom next to us shouting at someone. My son and I went out on the verandah, because we could over hear every word. She decided to take her cell phone tirade outside, too.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I've been on a stateroom near the elevators. As noted, the doors are pretty soundproof. Well, the corridor ones are. The veranda glass doors, not as much (as also has been noted).

I think you'll likely be fine.

cdoza

Original Poster
Thanks all for the info. Sounds perfect. Will be nice close to elevators and I know our agent helped choose this because it was close to the kids club entrance a couple of floors down. Looking forward to it!

NelleBelle

We LOVE being right next to the forward elevators on Deck 8 on the Fantasy and the Magic. At first, I was very nervous about it being busy and hearing a lot of noise (perhaps it may be different next to the midship elevators) but we didn't hear anything! We had a connecting room with my parents so it was perfect.I was also really worried our door magnets would get stolen/messed with but I think because we were out in plan view, maybe it was a deterrent? The worst noise I've ever had was when we stayed between the mid and aft elevators and would hear kids running up and down the hallways at all hours (we would be trying to go to bed around 10pm and hear thump, thump, thump and loud yelling/laughter). But from now on, we have our favorite stateroom!

mikenatcity1

Thanks all for the info. Sounds perfect. Will be nice close to elevators and I know our agent helped choose this because it was close to the kids club entrance a couple of floors down. Looking forward to it!

Almost all of our trips have been right by the elevators. This last cruise on the Magic we were next to the midship elevator bank and 1 floor below the kids club- we were wondering if that would cause more traffic- it did not. The only time i've really ever heard people was our first time on the Fantasy when kids were running and screaming down the halls (the Youth Activities crew told us this was a rough cruise for them). Even on the final night when the kids clubs close early and kids are running around the ship at 11pm/12am, I couldn't hear them in the stateroom (I only knew of this because i'd go walking around the ship at that time, 1 last time at night).

It sounds like your agent will lead you to a great room :)

raymusiccity

I've been on one of those. We were on the Magic and we could hear the woman in the stateroom next to us shouting at someone. My son and I went out on the verandah, because we could over hear every word. She decided to take her cell phone tirade outside, too.

Every time she takes her tirade outside, you burst into your best Ethel Merman voice and sing: "anything you can say, I can say louder"..... :joyfull:

Donfan

My wife doesn't walk very well, so we try to book close to the elevators on every cruise to save steps. So far, we have managed it on almost every ship we have ever been on. We have never been bothered by elevator noise. It's the people in the hallways who make the greatest amount of noise.

Daveeeeed

We are on the Disney Dream in April in room 6042 in front of elevators. In one way happy to be close to elevators and stairs but right in front will I hear constant dinging? My daughter is a light sleeper.

Thanks in advance
No. I am a very light sleeper and it's a non-issue. I would actually recommend it as it's very convenient.

Tink86

We made the mistake of staying in Dream 5548. It's right off the elevators and stairs and near the theater with the bonus of being a connecting room. It was miserable. Loud talking people going up and down the stairs, coming off the elevators, kids yelling, you could hear the pounding on the stairs and our neighbors were the 'Loud family'. Maybe I am sensitive to noise but I'll never book a room like that again. We sail on the Dream again in July. We have a room at the end of the hall and it's not connecting. I hope you have or had a great cruise!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom