"Start Check-In" on MDE

JohnD

Original Poster
I specifically created this thread here instead of the Resorts thread because this may be an MDE issue:

I'm at 87 days out and all of a sudden I'm getting a link on my MDE home page that reads:

"Want to Skip the Front Desk?
Start Check-In"

When I click on the Start Check-In link, it just takes me to "My Reservations" page. There is no option to begin online check-in under the resort reservation. Just the ability to change or cancel it.

Anybody know what's going on?

mgpan

I specifically created this thread here instead of the Resorts thread because this may be an MDE issue:

I'm at 87 days out and all of a sudden I'm getting a link on my MDE home page that reads:

"Want to Skip the Front Desk?
Start Check-In"

When I click on the Start Check-In link, it just takes me to "My Reservations" page. There is no option to begin online check-in under the resort reservation. Just the ability to change or cancel it.

Anybody know what's going on?

Interesting. Same for my account, although i was also concerned initially when i tried to practice making fastpass reservations and it told me i had no tickets linked even though i did, Apparently, since they were part of a package it would not recognize them until the 60 day mark when they could actually be used. Had i purchased tickets seperately from ****savers or UT, and could use them anytime it would let me access the fastpass system.

JohnD

Original Poster
Interesting. Same for my account, although i was also concerned initially when i tried to practice making fastpass reservations and it told me i had no tickets linked even though i did, Apparently, since they were part of a package it would not recognize them until the 60 day mark when they could actually be used. Had i purchased tickets seperately from ****savers or UT, and could use them anytime it would let me access the fastpass system.

Yeah. I'm an AP so can making FPs at anytime in a rolling 30 day window. But 60 days will open up for me when I'm 60 days out from my resort reservation. Then it will be 60 days plus the length of my stay.

mgpan

JohnD,

Just tried again and same redirect when trying to do check-in. Hopefully just that the system doesn't have an error message set to popup if you try to check-in too early. Interested to know if that's not it however.

JohnD

Original Poster
JohnD,

Just tried again and same redirect when trying to do check-in. Hopefully just that the system doesn't have an error message set to popup if you try to check-in too early. Interested to know if that's not it however.

Yeah, it's weird. I know that the actual online check-in is supposed to appear at 30 days out.

AndrewsJ

Yeah, it's weird. I know that the actual online check-in is supposed to appear at 30 days out.
Actually online check in begins at 60 days out. The link you are seeing will become active at 60 days out. Not really a glitch. It's been on the desktop site before and even the DVC reservation page it just isn't active until 60 days out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom