Starbucks coming to Market House on Main Street

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/starbucks-379936-disneyland-market.html

We all saw this coming, so I'm not surprised. They did a really good job with Fidler, Fifer and Practical Cafe, so I'm not worried about Market House. I just hope they continue the free refills.

Market House:

thennow_ms_markethouse05.jpg

Cosmic Commando

Yeah, I was in there in November and thought that place was just begging to become the Starbucks for DL. I thought they'd need to do some pretty serious remodeling to be able to handle the capacity they'll need. Free refills? Is there really a "campaign" to keep free refills over $.54 refills?

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Yeah, I was in there in November and thought that place was just begging to become the Starbucks for DL. I thought they'd need to do some pretty serious remodeling to be able to handle the capacity they'll need. Free refills? Is there really a "campaign" to keep free refills over $.54 refills?

I also had a feeling the Starbucks would go there. Come on, Cosmic. You should know the Disneyland community by now. Does a campaign for free refills truly shock you? LOL!;) I consider you one of us, a part of the Disneyland community.:)

Cosmic Commando

I also had a feeling the Starbucks would go there. Come on, Cosmic. You should know the Disneyland community by now. Does a campaign for free refills truly shock you? LOL!;) I consider you one of us, a part of the Disneyland community.:)
Sorry... umm... looking for my DL-local-approved list of responses... This is terrible! On my Walt Disney Treasures tin box set, I'm pretty sure Walt said that Disneyland would never be completed as long as there were free refills at the Market House! My grandmother always took me for free refills on my coffee at the Market House when I was a little kid. Those memories did not include paying extra money for extra coffee! Childhood = ruined!

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Sorry... umm... looking for my DL-local-approved list of responses... This is terrible! On my Walt Disney Treasures tin box set, I'm pretty sure Walt said that Disneyland would never be completed as long as there were free refills at the Market House! My grandmother always took me for free refills on my coffee at the Market House when I was a little kid. Those memories did not include paying extra money for extra coffee! Childhood = ruined!

To make it official... I hereby declare you a member of the "Crazy, Obsessed Disneyland Fan Community Club". There, now it's official.

We must make it a point for those darn free refills! Think of the childhoods and those memories!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
They're gonna have to do some crazy remodeling to get this in there. I wouldn't be surprised if they took over Disneyana, honestly. The line will be in Main Street if they keep the current setup! :p

I personally wish they'd have just held off on Jolly Holiday until Starbucks was ready - would've liked to see it there.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
They're gonna have to do some crazy remodeling to get this in there. I wouldn't be surprised if they took over Disneyana, honestly. The line will be in Main Street if they keep the current setup! :p

I personally wish they'd have just held off on Jolly Holiday until Starbucks was ready - would've liked to see it there.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The area seems so cramped. I'm curious as to what their plans are. I also think they should have saved Jolly Holiday for the Starbucks.

TP2000

Al Lutz says there's a new back alley going in behind the Market House. Perhaps with that new alley there they can expand a bit? Maybe use existing stockrooms and stuff for Starbucks space?

The Starbucks in DCA is huge, so they had better come up with something to expand the Market House.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom