Star Wars Weekends Merchandise

SGT623

There is also a Jedi Mickey Big Fig:
MickeyJedi.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
mheadIMO said:
it is ok, but not as good as past years!
I agree. If that is the logo for this year it is by far my least favorite. And what is up with Darth Goofy? I would have much rather seen another Star Wars character represented instead of a retooling of last years plush. One saving grace is the large Jedi Mickey figure. The wife and I have been debating switching from snow globes to the large figures and Jedi Mickey sealed it.

SGT623

From what I had heard two years ago...last year was supose to be Darth Goofy all along. I don't know why it got brought back. I'm still hoping for a Donald Storm Trooper in the future.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
SGT623 said:
From what I had heard two years ago...last year was supose to be Darth Goofy all along. I don't know why it got brought back. I'm still hoping for a Donald Storm Trooper.
There are some many things they could do. Princess Minnie, Donald Fett etc.
I guess I am just not one for the easy way out and reusing old stuff definitely qualifies as such. The poster and logo looked like a cut and paste job from old art work. The previous years and very original and impressive art work. Oh well you can't hit a home run every time you come up to bat.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
SGT623 said:
I agree. The logo is a clip art collage.
On the good side I won't be spending an additional $200 on t-shirts, mugs and posters....of course I'll still be spending about $375 on the animation cell and the big Jedi Mickey so Disney will get my cash either way.:lol:

mhead

Original Poster
Master Yoda said:
I agree. If that is the logo for this year it is by far my least favorite. And what is up with Darth Goofy? I would have much rather seen another Star Wars character represented instead of a retooling of last years plush. One saving grace is the large Jedi Mickey figure. The wife and I have been debating switching from snow globes to the large figures and Jedi Mickey sealed it.

Totally agree about Darth Goofy. I am also with you that at least I won't worry about spending too much on stuff or missing out on it.

SGT623

Looks like they will take phone orders, just not on May 19 & 20 so attendes have first crack...with the money they save on not buying the other stuff, this may go quick. Here's the Info:

A noble order of protectors unified by their belief and observance of the Force, the Jedi hearken back to a more civilized, classical time in galactic history. Their order is ancient, spanning over a thousand generations. As the Galactic Republic throve and grew over the centuries, the Jedi came to serve it as guardians of peace and justice.

Mickey Mouse is proud to represent the order of the Jedi. His lightsaber glows blue as he prepares to join the Defend-Ears of the Kingdom. This sculpt also features a unique "Defend-Ears of The Kingdom" stamp on the bottom of Mickey's foot, only available on the first 600.
Title: "Defend-Ears of the Kingdom" -
Jedi Mickey
Retail: $150.00
** Wish List orders for bottom stamped piece will be fulfilled after May 20th if supplies last. Limit one per guest. No phone orders will be taken on May 19th and May 20th.

It doesn't say how many "non-stamped" Figs will be made for a total edition size of the peice But I'd guess it's low.

SGT623

The web site doesn't say. In the past all merch was there, until it was a huge traffic problem then it was over across from the Star Wars the stage. No telling until it starts I guess.

patrokls

Thanks. Friday should be a fun crazy day. I'll have to deploy my family to wait in various lines for me while I go ride RNRC and TOT.

Maerj

It says the artist is Russell Walks at the Star Wars website. I have to agree with the others here that this year's logo is not nearly as impressive as some of the ones in the past. The Jedi Mickey vs Yoda was enough to make me go to WDW to just get the t-shirt. Hopefully the image they are showing us isn't a final image as it does appear to be cobbled together from different sources.

mhead

Original Poster
SGT623 said:
The web site doesn't say. In the past all merch was there, until it was a huge traffic problem then it was over across from the Star Wars the stage. No telling until it starts I guess.

What website?

and yes, last year after the second weekend they moved the exclusive merchandise out of Tatooine Traders and over to the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom