Star Wars Weekends 2006

STITCHRULES

Anyone hear if they are going to be doing this and what the dates might be. We are planning our May 2006 trip and love to be there during Star Wars Weekends.

Any input wuld be great- Thanks

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Since the update on WDW official site a few weeks ago nothing is mentioned about SWW 2006. Prior to the update the ambiguous late May early June 2006dates were listed. There has been a long standing rumor that 2005 would be the last year for SWW but with the incredible success of them in 2005 it would stand to reason that the annual SWW would continue. If you make your trip coincide with the last 2 weekends in May you should be safe in being there during SWW if they do indeed have them in 2006.

EDIT: I dug a little deeper into the official site and SWW are still listed under special events but the dates are listed as "Not yet scheduled".

Upvote 0

WhyteAL

They (keeping my figures crossed) might not have it this year because they might want to update and revamp star tours. Which would definetly make me wanna get an annual pass.:rolleyes:

I know wishful thinking but when you wish upon a star....maybe

Upvote 0

col

i am not a star wars fan but when i went in may 2005 i didnt even know it was a star wars weekend so i went to mgm to experience it because i may never have that chance again and let me tell ya' i loved it, it is one of the best days of my life. seeing chewwie, r2d2, this boy who looked like hayden christensen, queen amadala (?), darth vader, watching all the little kids doing jedi training. best time of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

rbcrumley

In the event that they do, in fact, have Stars Wars Weekends 2006...

What exactly takes place?

I read in a previous post that there are various Star Wars characters and "jedi training", but does anyone have any further details from a previous experience? And is the crowd level unbearable on these weekends?

Just wondering since we will be there the first week in June and my son is a Star Wars nut (as you can see by my avatar)!!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
rbcrumley said:
In the event that they do, in fact, have Stars Wars Weekends 2006...

What exactly takes place?

I read in a previous post that there are various Star Wars characters and "jedi training", but does anyone have any further details from a previous experience? And is the crowd level unbearable on these weekends?

Just wondering since we will be there the first week in June and my son is a Star Wars nut (as you can see by my avatar)!!
Here is a pretty good linkhttp://www.starwars.com/community/event/disney/news20050221.html to what goes on. With the exception of last year crowds are not any larger than normal. Last year the crowds were insane so much sow that Disney added an additional 2 weekends. This was more than likely due to the release of Episode 3 so I wouldn't expect the same turnout next year.

Upvote 0

rbcrumley

Master Yoda said:
Here is a pretty good linkhttp://www.starwars.com/community/event/disney/news20050221.html to what goes on. With the exception of last year crowds are not any larger than normal. Last year the crowds were insane so much sow that Disney added an additional 2 weekends. This was more than likely due to the release of Episode 3 so I wouldn't expect the same turnout next year.

Thank you so much for the info. I REALLY hope they have it again in 2006. My son (and myself) will be thrilled!:) I guess we'll know for definite sure sometime next month since they are now posting the park calendars several months in advance....Thanks again

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom