Star Wars Weekend week 2 crowd level????

Jerm

Original Poster
Anyone make it over to DHS this weekend for SWW? I am going to be there next weekend and want to try and figure what we should expect!

akc

Be prepared for lots and lots of crowds. Especially since it'll be the last weekend. This weekend wasn't so terrible, but the first weekend was totally packed and next weekend will be too. So, good luck... and get your Toy Story Midway Mania and Darth Vader M&G fastpasses early. They're both gone by 11am. So be there at rope drop to be able to do both.

SRisonS

Week 2 was nowhere near as bad as week 1. Maybe some of the local traffic had other plans this holiday weekend???? And this coming weekend probably has the best set of Celebrity guests this year. So knowing that, crowd levels could be somewhat high.

Future Guy

Be prepared for lots and lots of crowds. Especially since it'll be the last weekend. This weekend wasn't so terrible, but the first weekend was totally packed and next weekend will be too. So, good luck... and get your Toy Story Midway Mania and Darth Vader M&G fastpasses early. They're both gone by 11am. So be there at rope drop to be able to do both.

Wait, you need Fastpasses for the character M&Gs? I thought that was just for the celebrity autographs.

pixel-dust

We found the Star Wars area really congested, and the rest of the park (Pixar Excluded) to be pretty empty.
We arrived at 9:30 and Midway Mania fastpasses were 4 pm.

I wasnt thrilled where they staged the event merchandise this year. It was rather kludge-ish with the Vader line and the backlot tour exit traffic.

and it didnt have the a/c experience that I love.

But I was happy with the event and enjoyed the special guests.

Be sure to stay for Hyperspace Hoopla! Even if you are exhausted- stay for it!!

Jerm

Original Poster
Be sure to stay for Hyperspace Hoopla! Even if you are exhausted- stay for it!!

We get in friday afternoon check in and go right to DHS. We are going to do some walking around then early dinner then right to the front of the stage for the Hoopla!!! This was the event I was really going for, so we will be there!!!

Ralphlaw

Come on Friday if you can. Saturday and Sunday will probably be much busier.

I agree about the Hyper Space hoopla. For us, that was the highlight.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have been there for the last 2 weekends and both Saturday and Sunday have been pretty insane crowd wise. I have not heard of any phased closures but the Star Wars parts of the park have been packed. With both Billie Dee Williams and Ray park being there this weekend I am anticipating even worse crowds for the upcoming weekend. You will definitely want to make a battle plan and if you want autographs plan on dealing with Episode 1 like line ups. From what I heard form CM's and other in line there are quite a few people planning to camp out over night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom