Star Wars Weekend crowds?

linn9431

Just found out that Star Wars Weekend is on both weekends that we are at the world in June. I have know idea what to expect as far as crowds and is it just limited to Hollywood or are there things at all the parks. We will probably be trying to avoid the crowd since our boys are 4 and 6 and know nothing about Star Wars. Thanks in advance for the info.:)

puntagordabob

Just found out that Star Wars Weekend is on both weekends that we are at the world in June. I have know idea what to expect as far as crowds and is it just limited to Hollywood or are there things at all the parks. We will probably be trying to avoid the crowd since our boys are 4 and 6 and know nothing about Star Wars. Thanks in advance for the info.:)

Crowds near or around the Star Wars themed events at DHS will be "high"....

Upvote 0

GeekDad

The event is only in Hollywood studios. I was down there in 2010 for my first and so far only trip to WDW (working on planning the next trip) so I can't really comment on the crowds at the other parks.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I go about that time every year for one of my couple visits a year....

DHS is VERY HIGH crowd level on the weekends -- and it starts on Friday night already ---

That being said -- it's a fun experience, and I wouldn't miss it -- especially if you have the park hopper option -- go, tolerate it as long as you can, then move to another park...

The events are fun, though -- and you can get lots of great photos. Remember, Star Wars weekend brings in some people who specifically come for only that event, but it is also an event that most regular resort visitors also head to...so DHS gets crazy busy. The other resorts are typical weekend busy.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Also, most of the crowds associated with Star Wars Weekends will only make the walkways and food places busy. They don't have much of an effect on the non-Star Tours attractions, as the extra people in the park are there for the parade, celebrity Meet & Greets, character photo ops and the special event store.

Lines at the other attractions will be the same as they normally would be for a weekend day at that time of year.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom