News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Ismael Flores

I'm kind of hoping that the tree growth is maintained so that they stay at a decent size without blocking too much of the background mountain range. it would give the backside of the river a much deeper view giving the wilderness area a sense of being much larger than it is

mickEblu

I'm kind of hoping that the tree growth is maintained so that they stay at a decent size without blocking too much of the background mountain range. it would give the backside of the river a much deeper view giving the wilderness area a sense of being much larger than it is

Yeah they ll definitely need to be maintained since it appears that the background (SWL) was factored into the design of the foreground (north end of the ROA). They can’t let it get like the old wall of trees (which I enjoyed). However, they still need to grow in. And they still have to block out the view of the MnF Parking structure.

SuddenStorm

Even though I didn't think SWL fit in Disneyland at first, you might have changed my mind.

Putting location aside, I'm actually pretty excited about this land because it feels like classic Disney. The attention to detail and the way the area will transport you to another place and time is great. New Orleans Square, Main Street USA, Fantasyland, etc. I feel they are sparing no expense just like Walt would've done.

giphy.gif

BrianLo

Original Poster
However, they still need to grow in. And they still have to block out the view of the MnF Parking structure.

I think that's what the secondary berm will be for. The one that will partially go on top of all the low rise queue they are building.

It's become increasingly clear there are some vantage points that were designed to be seen from inside DL prime. Which wasn't what I anticipated honestly, but I like it. The trees on later sections of Big Thunder Trail for the train are quite thin, they want you to see the land on the later half of the new train section and the MF peaks from Big Thunder.

dweezil78

I'm amazed at how much has gotten done since I last checked in! They have already got rock work in place, thats insane. I don't ever remember them being this far along on rockwork on any other project at this stage.

I think it's about on par with where Cars Land was at this point. They broke ground on that July 2009 and by March 2011 rock work was visible. http://ocattractions.net/news/2011122011-cars-land-construction-photo-review/

I know 'technically' groundbreaking on SWL was April 2016, but we all know things started a good deal before then.

But I agree, definitely pretty impressive to see how quickly it's all starting to take shape now!!!

TP2000

If this thing opens in Spring, 2019, that means it will effectively be done about 15 months from now. It's really not that far away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom