News Star Wars Galactic Nights returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios in May 2018

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I believe this is the 4th in a series?
It is, and I guess technically if it is an annual event that occurs on a annual basis "Night" would be more appropriate. For Example "Christmas Day", "New Year's Eve", etc.

TBH with all the upcharge events that are put out, I'm kind of puzzled why they would limit this to a single night, instead of say devoting the entire month of May to it, ala the rest of their upcharge parties.

That being said I wish it were truly "Nights" because I'm leaving on the 23 and am going to miss it this year.

asianway

It is, and I guess technically if it is an annual event that occurs on a annual basis "Night" would be more appropriate. For Example "Christmas Day", "New Year's Eve", etc.

TBH with all the upcharge events that are put out, I'm kind of puzzled why they would limit this to a single night, instead of say devoting the entire month of May to it, ala the rest of their upcharge parties.

That being said I wish it were truly "Nights" because I'm leaving on the 23 and am going to miss it this year.
Because they still havent cracked the code on how to monetize them fully. Last one had dismal sales, and this one sounds the same, so not sure how they plan to turn the tide. The minute they do, theyll have two a week

Snooker

I went to the Star Wars Galactic Nights in December and was underwhelmed. I wont be returning for the May event. The lines for the rides were short and the photo backdrops were kind of cool but I felt the entertainment was lacking. I don't think marching stormtroopers is entertainment and the Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show is very lame.
The Hyperspace Hoopla show of Star Wars Weekends was way more clever and entertaining and it was included with the price of a regular day's admission.

I am Timmy

We were at DW when the Dec. event was available, and my Star Wars fans passed. They read about it, and decided it wasn't worth it to them. They both felt (ds 25, ds22) that Star Wars weekends had offered much more without the extra charge. They really miss the 501st and Rebel Legion parade, and the Hyperspace Hoopla. Where else can you dance with ewoks?

beachlover4444

Maybe it’s just me or the fact I can’t afford all these extra special events, but I think it’s wrong to close the park early basically sell another ticketed event. If I am paying full price for a day at a park, I want the whole day. I am fed up with the add on extras squeezing out the ordinary travelers time. I get they are gonna do this because people are snapping them up so there is a market but WDW is gonna become a place for those with deep pockets and the rest of us are gonna wind up feeling cheated.

21stamps

Maybe it’s just me or the fact I can’t afford all these extra special events, but I think it’s wrong to close the park early basically sell another ticketed event. If I am paying full price for a day at a park, I want the whole day. I am fed up with the add on extras squeezing out the ordinary travelers time. I get they are gonna do this because people are snapping them up so there is a market but WDW is gonna become a place for those with deep pockets and the rest of us are gonna wind up feeling cheated.

Hollywood Studios closed at 7pm during most nights of my trip last year. Disney does have the right to determine their own park hours.. I think people forget that. It would be great if every park was open late, every night of the year. I’d love it!.. but it’s probably not going to happen.

Tony the Tigger

I hope I’m not misjudging this. I’ve been considering one of these nighttime events as I would like to save my annual pass for next year. One of these events could be a good holdover for us combined with a short resort stay. And I have loved Star Wars since the first film.

But it seems like there’s not enough going on here to get me excited to want to make a special trip for this. Meet and greets are not a huge deal for us. So...meh. Maybe we wait for a Christmas party.

JohnD

My spring trip keeps getting moved around. Now I'm looking at 5/26 - 6/1 which means I'm considering SWGN.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom