Star Tours Update

niteobsrvr

Original Poster
According to a Disney spokesperson quoted in the Orlando Sentinel, the update to the Star Tours ride either is or soon will be in production. The movie sequence will be replaced with one that has scenes from the most recent movies.

Malc

Do you think that they could be persuaded to do "something" with Body Wars at the same time?
Now that IS tired!

NowInc

Not until Disney and Lucas clear up their "difference"..which wont happen until after EP III....so dont go holding your breath just yet ;)

leeocean

Star Tours and Body Wars are both tired but I don't think adding another movie will boost the attractions too much. They need to rehaul the simulators too.

MKCustodial

I remember people said the exact same thing when Ep. I came out... I suppose they may think about it when all the DVDs come out and stuff, with both trilogies. (What's that make, a sixlogy??:confused: )

WDWGuy

Its really kind of funny...

On Memorial Day, (monday) I took a ride on Star Tours with my best friend and it actually was one of the best runs we have ever done on it. It was not because of the fantastic simulation technology, not because of the short film thats been in the ride since its conception, but because EVERYBODY in the pod was having a blast!...I have actually never heard a group get into this attraction like I heard on Monday!! Screaming, laughing, etc...and I still love seeing George Lucas at the very end of the film before the shield goes up...

The ride is tired..but still attracts the people...May the Force be With You...

WDWGuy

bearboysnc

Not until Disney and Lucas clear up their "difference"..which wont happen until after EP III....so dont go holding your breath just yet

ya ya ya. They said that about Ep 2. I see Disney taking control of the attraction before they wait for Lucas to get off his @$$.

TURKEY

Originally posted by bearboysnc

ya ya ya. They said that about Ep 2. I see Disney taking control of the attraction before they wait for Lucas to get off his @$$.

Disney won't be able to have a Star Wars attraction without Lucas's approval.

Lucas wants the sound and video upgraded before he does anything else for the ride.

Rdedeian

Originally posted by fox7
i hope they do a scene from corrasant on episode two wen anekan and ob e one are in the speeder

Thats probably the one scene in Episode II that they could use.

I still say Pod Racing from Episode 1

no2apprentice

Who says it has to have a Star Wars Theme?

Disney can change themes, as quickly as they change sponsors.

True. But that would be a terrible gamble for Disney. Star Wars is so recognized, wether you're a die-hard fan or not: what theme could they replace it with that would have the name recognition? Power Rangers in Space?:eek:

Plus, if they change films, and enhance the simulators, cost would be a whole lot less than changing the theming for the entire interior and exterior.

On the other hand, some props might wind up for auction. Like the speeder bikes? Mmmmmmmm, have to dwell on changing the themes...:lol:

RogueHabit

Who says it has to have a Star Wars Theme?

Disney can change themes, as quickly as they change sponsors.
It's not just the ride though, it's that entire area. They would have to change everything.
  • Take down the AT-AT
  • Lose the Barge and Snow Speeder
  • Remove the Ework Village
  • Gut out the entire set and rebuild
  • Replace the shop, and redo the outside (which is only 2 1/2 years old anyway)
  • Then they have to replace all of that with something new.
I don't see that they would want to undertake such a massive upheaval at the moment.

craziebabie1

It's aout time they a doing something new with Star Tours. It ws just a matter of time with the new movies. It's just so outdated now. Does anyone kow if they are going to do the same at the 1 at DL?

NowInc

Originally posted by Ratcat
It's not just the ride though, it's that entire area. They would have to change everything.
  • Take down the AT-AT
  • Lose the Barge and Snow Speeder
  • Remove the Ework Village
  • Gut out the entire set and rebuild
  • Replace the shop, and redo the outside (which is only 2 1/2 years old anyway)
  • Then they have to replace all of that with something new.
I don't see that they would want to undertake such a massive upheaval at the moment.

And of course...they would have to break the contract they have...which isnt such a good idea ;)

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Originally posted by WDWGuy
I still love seeing George Lucas at the very end of the film before the shield goes up...

WDWGuy

That isn't George Lucas. Its just someone that looks like him. There is a article in one of the Star Wars books that reveals this info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom