Star Tours II

woofboy111

Original Poster
I heard something like Disney and Goerge Lucas had some kind of dissagreement about the budget for this ride. Anyone know if they straitened this out?

Attachments

• r2d2.gif
    r2d2.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,307

NowInc

There were a lot of legal conflicts with the ride. George lucas wasnt 100% happy with it...he wanted it to be better etc....so it was delayed...

at this point..yes..it will most likley open to coincide with episode 2..or even with the pending episode 1 DVD release in october (yeah right)...most likley tho it will open with episode 2..which will be the same time as Star Wars weekends.

For those who dont know..the new ride will be a pod race sequence...with new projection techniques used in the simulators to enhance the ride (the current system sucks..and makes most people naucious)...

Goofster

I love Star Tours!

I am glad it will be rehabed and updated. They should make their simulators more like Back to the Future, the screen should take up your whole view, instead of just being a little rectangular screen. It would be much cooler that way, especially in a Pod Race. Does anybody have any idea if there is Pordracing in Episode II, or would Star Tours II just be based on Episode I?

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Goofster
I love Star Tours!

I am glad it will be rehabed and updated. They should make their simulators more like Back to the Future, the screen should take up your whole view, instead of just being a little rectangular screen. It would be much cooler that way, especially in a Pod Race. Does anybody have any idea if there is Pordracing in Episode II, or would Star Tours II just be based on Episode I?

I'm pretty sure that there isnt any pod racing. its mainly going involve a darker side of the movie. annakin will get with the princess and I know yoda fights and shows it jedi skills. so it should be pretty good.

bjshade23

Okay i understand that this is going to be a new ride but is it going to replace the old one. It sounds kinda confussing to me. Can someone fill me in.

woofboy111

Original Poster
From what I've heard, it's going to be a new simulator ride that will replace the old one, where you enter a pod race, but each time you ride, there will be a different ending.

MikeVarney

It's my understanding that the ride has been (and continues to be) massively delayed by a monetary dispute regarding who should pay to upgrade the projector and sound system in the ride vehicles....

Chernabog

Originally posted by Goofster
I love Star Tours!

From what I can remember LucasArts is building new Hot Rod Podracer for the new movie. I'm not sure if that means pod races or what. I recall seeing pictures of it somewhere on the internet. I'll try and find the link.

MrPromey

They should make their simulators more like Back to the Future, the screen should take up your whole view, instead of just being a little rectangular screen.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. Something like this would require them to take down the current building and erect a new one and I don't know that they even have enough space to put a new one where the current one is (Not to mention the enormous costs involved) Also, the Back to the Future system has some serious flaws most notably the warping of the movie (noticeable most when riding in one of the side vehicles) caused by the curved screen and the poor flow of guests in the line area (caused by the fact that all cars have to be run at one time so there are long pauses between movement in the lines)
Plus BTF is now an old and outdated system. WIth newer technologies such as the rumored C.A.V.E. screens, they should be able to something much better than Back to the Future with less space.

NowInc

Originally posted by Chernabog

From what I can remember LucasArts is building new Hot Rod Podracer for the new movie. I'm not sure if that means pod races or what. I recall seeing pictures of it somewhere on the internet. I'll try and find the link.

Why would Lucararts (a game company) be making props for a movie? If you are thinking of Lucasarts sister company...ILM...then yeah...chances are they built a few Podracer props for the new movie...mostly because at some point in the story they DO go back to Tattoine (Anakins home planet)...where pod racing is a major sport. Chances of seeing a new pod race segment...slim to none...chances of seeing a pod RACER...pretty large...I doubt this will have any effect on the NEW Star tours tho...seeing how they used a CHILD anakin in the new ride (or so strong rumors suggest)...and the 2nd movie uses a teenage version..

Brett

I've also heard that it will be a pod race type ride, but with the Star Tours theme, where you start with the same scenes from the original Star Tours, where you are leaving the station and land on Tatoonie (where you are supposed to land during the version now) and accidentally end up in the race. Could be fun :p

bgraham34

I hope they dont do the pod race version. I thought it was a great idea when episode 1 came out but i have since change my mind. As for a replacement i must think about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom