St Pete's?

misti

Original Poster
I'd be grateful for any feedback on St Petes. We are going there in November after our 10 days at WDW. Has anyone stayed at Tradewinds Grand Island Resort? If so what is it like?
Many thanks

MrPromey

Originally posted by misti
I'd be grateful for any feedback on St Petes. We are going there in November after our 10 days at WDW. Has anyone stayed at Tradewinds Grand Island Resort? If so what is it like?
Many thanks

I assume you mean the city of St. Petersburg Beach…

The Tradewinds is probably one of the nicest resort/hotels out there aside from the Don CeSar which would be the one that Presidents and Michael Jackson stay at (reason enough not to want to be in that one, eh? ;) ) In any event, it is by far the largest…

What specifically are you wanting to know about it? Do you know which part you’ll be in?..

If you are asking about St. Petersburg Beach there isn’t IMHO all that much in the way of tourist things to do besides the beach itself and a bunch of shops… oh, and Mini Golf… there are a few things to check out down the road at Clearwater Beach depending on the age group we are talking about and there are a few things to check out in Downtown St. Petersburg like the Pier, International Museum, Great Expectations Hands on Museum (more for kids and at the pier), the natural history museum, classic art museum, Salvador Dali museum (largest single site collection of his work out of his home city in Spain and the most valuable single collection of his work), Bay Walk and probably a few other things I’m forgetting. If you are willing to drive a bit further to Tampa there is a lot over there including Bush Gardens (a theme park http://www.buschgardens.com/buschgardens/fla/ ), MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry) Adventure Island (water park), Ybore City which is a big nighttime district if you like clubs (also has a Game Works and art galleries and a museum), a modern art museum and more than I can think of right now… Oh, and St. Petersburg, Clearwater/Clearwater Beach and Tampa also all have mini golf, too. ;)

If you fill me in on more details on your trip I can give you more accurate information and can probably point you in the direction of websites that might be of interest to you.

misti

Original Poster
Thanks for all the information Mr Prompey! I will be travelling with my dh and ds (12), dd(9) and dd(5). I think if I am right there are 3 Tradewinds hotels on St Petes Beach, the Grand Island, the Sirata and the Sandpiper ( I think!!?). We are staying at the largest one, the Grand Island. I really wanted to know
1) If the hotel is good and what facilities are there.
2) What other attractions are roundabout to keep the kids busy, mind you after 10 days at WDW I think( or is that hope?) they might just want to sleep!!
You've already given me lots of information, thanks for that, but if there is anything that may be of use to me I'd be very grateful!
Many thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom