St Augustine

osucbsb

Original Poster
On our recent trip to Orlando, we decided to take a day trip to St. Augustine. I would recommend this to anybody that was wanting a day trip outside of Orlando. It took us about 2 hours to get there. We first toured the Castillo de San Marcos and then the Pirate Museum. My wife (a kindergarten teacher) loved getting to see the oldest wooden school house in the U.S. After our time in the old town area, we headed to the beach for about 3 hours where the kids enjoyed the white sand and waves. We then hit Bubba Gumps in Daytona Beach for supper on our way back to Orlando.

It was just a really great getaway from Orlando and we could have spent several days there (and just might next time).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
St Augustine is a pretty cool place especially if you are into history. It can be a tad on the pricey side, but the same is true for pretty much every tourist area. There are also some great local eateries scattered around the area.

Blackie Pueblo

I'm glad to hear you had a great time in st. Augustine. My wife and I actually had our honeymoon. There is lots to do both historically and romantically with shopping mixed in. With the Fort, the Lighthouse, horse drawn carriages, and the beaches there is so much to do. We even did a ghost tour which was fascinating but a little goofy because our tour guide tried to act like they were from the time period.

Susan Savia

Visited there a couple years ago on our way home from WDW. Enjoyed checking out the lighthouse. It's well hidden and unless you pay to see/climb it, you can't see it.

We went this past August and enjoyed it. Instead of Castillo de San Marcos, we toured Fort Matanzas--much less crowded on a Saturday. After that, it was Red Frog and McToad's for excellent clam chowder, then, for ice cream...Cold Cow! Yum!

tbone8706

My family occasionally used to make a side trip to St. Augustine after visiting Disney and we'd stay for a couple of days. A nice transition for that post-Disney depression!

Last time, we visited Fountain of Youth, Lightner Museum, Potter's Wax Museum, and Ripley's Believe it or Not. And prices are not bad at all! All must-do's, in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom