Spook Hill?

Steamboat_Kevin

Original Poster
Has anyone ever been to Spook Hill?
We went there in March and nothing happened when your car is supposed to go up the hill, we followed all the directions also.
For those who don't know what Spook Hill is, it's hill where you put your car in reverse and you go UP the hill, but we just went down.
-Kevin

Captain Cab

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
Has anyone ever been to Spook Hill?
We went there in March and nothing happened when your car is supposed to go up the hill, we followed all the directions also.
For those who don't know what Spook Hill is, it's hill where you put your car in reverse and you go UP the hill, but we just went down.
-Kevin

The website says to put your car in neutral, not reverse. Could this have been your problem? I've never tried it before, but I saw it several times on one of those "Top 10 Spookiest Places" shows on either Travel Channel or TLC.

Spook Hill's website

tenchu

There is a place like that in Scotland, called electric brae i think.

The scenery all looks like the hill is going down, but you move up it.

Quite cool.

Steamboat_Kevin

Original Poster
Captain Cab-
I think I just had it wrong. I meant neutral, but I said reverse. I wouldn't know, it wasn't me driving, it was my dad, if I drove, I would be breaking the law :lol:

disney_nutter

Originally posted by tenchu
There is a place like that in Scotland, called electric brae i think.

The scenery all looks like the hill is going down, but you move up it.

Quite cool.

yeh ive been to the one in scotland it was kool

MrPromey

It works… but a lot of people don’t seem to understand what should be happening. You pull up to this line that looks like it is in sort of a valley. You drive down a rather shallow incline to get to the line and then go up a very steep incline to leave. I think a lot of people are expecting to go up the steep incline ahead of them but the car actually rolls back up the shallow incline…

And if you don’t actually understand what is going on, pay attention to the strain on the engine as you exit up the steep incline. Dose something feel a bit ‘off’ about it?

woofboy111

Spook hill is such a rip off. I drove 3 hours to see it one day to pull up to a line, roll back a very very slight incline and then up a steeper incline for a few feet.

I was expecting to roll up the big hill in front of the car...

MrPromey

Originally posted by woofboy111
Spook hill is such a rip off. I drove 3 hours to see it one day to pull up to a line, roll back a very very slight incline and then up a steeper incline for a few feet.

You drove three hours? :lol:

Good thing they lowered their ticket prices, eh? ;)

What really stinks is that you get there and do it which takes bout 20 seconds and you are out in the middle of nowhere and your choice is to by a bag of chips at the convenience store at the top of the hill or go home...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom