Split stay/Same resort

Wendylet

Original Poster
I wonder if I can get some further expert advice here. Currently I have two reservations for myself and my daughter at Kidani Village in October of this year. We do not have the same dates as they were originally only able to come 5 days later than ourselves. I have everything booked this way. She has had her situation change recently and now wants to come down at the same time. This would mean putting in a new request for the first five days of her stay. I have spoken to David’s and understand this may be accommodated but that it would be a split stay and she may have to move, this I understand. I wonder the likelihood of her being able to stay in the same villa and not having to change and how that might actually come to pass. Would I be able to request this somehow or would it only be something you could mention at check in? Thanks for any input!

nickys

Premium Member
I wonder if I can get some further expert advice here. Currently I have two reservations for myself and my daughter at Kidani Village in October of this year. We do not have the same dates as they were originally only able to come 5 days later than ourselves. I have everything booked this way. She has had her situation change recently and now wants to come down at the same time. This would mean putting in a new request for the first five days of her stay. I have spoken to David’s and understand this may be accommodated but that it would be a split stay and she may have to move, this I understand. I wonder the likelihood of her being able to stay in the same villa and not having to change and how that might actually come to pass. Would I be able to request this somehow or would it only be something you could mention at check in? Thanks for any input!

It would need both owners to put in a request for a continuing reservation, with the other reservation number. David’s do pass on room requests so that should be possible.

Then your daughter should check at check-in that they have it marked as a continuing stay. They may be able to tell her then if she can stay in the same room. Or she may need to wait. But she will still need to check out and in.

Wendylet

Original Poster
Okay thanks so much. With renting points it kind of takes your ability to speak to your resort away but I do know the positive to it far outweighs that. I do have one request in right now for the owner (same owner for both reservations) to request the rooms be close together but I have requested since early Jan and nothing so far. The owners are in another country so time difference might be an issue. I was hoping there was a way around involving the owners in this request due to this difficulty. However I will still request this when we are lucky enough to get the rest of our reservation.

JaxFLBear

I do have one request in right now for the owner (same owner for both reservations) to request the rooms be close together but I have requested since early Jan and nothing so far. The owners are in another country so time difference might be an issue.
Since both reservations were made by the same owner, that owner really doesn't need to call. They can send an email from the member website to make the request. Once the request has been made, there is nothing that either you or the owner would see to indicate the request is actually in place. The room assigner and front desk can see the request, but it doesn't appear on either the DVC or MDE websites.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom