Split-Stay FastPass Window

Original Poster
Hi all,

We are planning a trip for January 9, 2019 through January 13, 2019.

We normally stay at Coronado Springs, but—because it was not available for all of our dates—we are doing our first split-stay. On the night of January 9, we're staying at All-Star Music. On January 10 through January 13, we'll be staying at Coronado.

We are planning to do a park on January 10 and January 11. The rest of our trip will be resort hopping, Disney Springs, etc.

We booked our Coronado reservation through Disney as a package, with two days of park tickets. We booked our All-Star Music reservation as a room-only reservation.

I've been told that our FastPass window will begin 60 days before our January 10, Coronado Springs package reservation. I would like the window to begin 60 days before our January 9, All-Star Music reservation.

I know that we could move the ticket package to the All-Star Music reservation. If we do that, however, the Magical Extras card that comes with the room + ticket package will expire as soon as we check out of All-Star Music. We like to use this card for discounts and mini-golf, and would much rather have it associated with our Coronado reservation.

Do any of you brilliant planners have a solution to this problem?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I think even if you moved your ticket package, you'll end up with two fastpass reservation days. You essentially have two reservations, so you won't be able to do all your fastpasses together no matter where the package is

nickys

Premium Member
Hi all,

We are planning a trip for January 9, 2019 through January 13, 2019.

We normally stay at Coronado Springs, but—because it was not available for all of our dates—we are doing our first split-stay. On the night of January 9, we're staying at All-Star Music. On January 10 through January 13, we'll be staying at Coronado.

We are planning to do a park on January 10 and January 11. The rest of our trip will be resort hopping, Disney Springs, etc.

We booked our Coronado reservation through Disney as a package, with two days of park tickets. We booked our All-Star Music reservation as a room-only reservation.

I've been told that our FastPass window will begin 60 days before our January 10, Coronado Springs package reservation. I would like the window to begin 60 days before our January 9, All-Star Music reservation.

I know that we could move the ticket package to the All-Star Music reservation. If we do that, however, the Magical Extras card that comes with the room + ticket package will expire as soon as we check out of All-Star Music. We like to use this card for discounts and mini-golf, and would much rather have it associated with our Coronado reservation.

Do any of you brilliant planners have a solution to this problem?

The good news is you don’t have a problem. The advice you were given is incorrect.

Your window should open at 60 days before your room-only stay, but you will only be able to book for the days your tickets are valid for. Which in the case of a package, is the actual package dates.

Your first onsite night opens the booking window. Your tickets’ validity determines what days you can use them.

nickys

Premium Member
I think even if you moved your ticket package, you'll end up with two fastpass reservation days. You essentially have two reservations, so you won't be able to do all your fastpasses together no matter where the package is

This is incorrect.

For a brief time earlier this year, they did indeed have separate FP booking windows for a split stay. That was fixed or rolled back, and you can now book for all your onsite days.

Note: although the DS resorts have a 60 day booking window, they are not onsite resorts. So a DS - Disney split stay will still have two booking windows.

Original Poster
The good news is you don’t have a problem. The advice you were given is incorrect.

Your window should open at 60 days before your room-only stay, but you will only be able to book for the days your tickets are valid for. Which in the case of a package, is the actual package dates.

Your first onsite night opens the booking window. Your tickets’ validity determines what days you can use them.

Thank you; this is very helpful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom