splash mountain

beauty_Belle27

Original Poster
Hi! :kiss: :wave: I'm new! obviously...
I've never been to disneyworld...yet.(check out my sig)
I was wondering...I saw on the planning video splash mountain...and I wanted to know.Is it as scary as it looks?there is young kids (4,7,12)in my party and I was wondering.it looks scary.:lookaroun

Lynx04

Welcome to the boards!!!! The attraction is in no way scary, it has a thrill factor to it having a 55 foot drop, but the ride itself is not scary.

BG Rugger

Slash Mountain is one of the best rides at WDW and one of my favorites! Its not scary at all and in fact at times its downright amusing :) Evey kid Ive ever been around on it have had a blast. Hope you get to experience WDW soon and WELCOME to the boards :wave:

Kwit35

It is one of the cutest rides at Disney. It does have a hight restriction though. My 4 year old just makes it. She is scared to death of the drop, but loves the rest of the ride.

DisneyFreak529

It's worth the splash and the fall. There are charaters in the caves before you drop and the music. It's hard to describe the great feeling Disney rides give you. In 2002 I was just like you. I had my first trip to Flordia to WDW and I feel in love. Welcome to the board. When you go to WDW you will fall in love. It's soo magical and so wonderful. I live in NY but I wish I lived in FL.

coasterphil

The only problem might be the 4 year old. The ride before the drop isn't particularly frightening except for a few small things. The final drop is where the problem would be.

anb163

I Love Splash Mountain

Splash Mountain is my favorite ride in Magic Kingdom. It is not scary. It is fun to look at the scenes. Your kids will love that and it is also a really long ride compared to some of the others. However they may be scared of the drop but im sure they will want to ride again when they get off.

Laura

Premium Member
Even the drop isn't that bad. I can't wait till my son is tall enough to ride! It's one of the greatest attractions of all time!

Pan

My soon to be 4yo loved the ride, even more than my 6 and 8 y/o. It all depends on the kid. Let him see the drop from the wood foot bridge in Fronteirland, and watch the reaction of people including kids on the ride. Let your kids know that they might get wet. If they seem willing, go for it. But if they remain hesitant, don't force them on and just check it out next time.

Splash is arguably the best ride at MK.

Pioneer Hall

If you can handle any log flume, Splash Mountain should not be a problem. Most of the ride is slow moving trip while you look at audio animatronics. There are a few hills, but nothing that will be too intense (unless you have a real phobia of rides).

Moustronaut

Take your kids on the Walt Disney World Railroad from mainstreet to frontierland. When the train goes through the tunnel, you can see into one of Splash Mountain's animatronic sceens. If they seem interested, then get off the train at Frontierland and walk around to the front where the big drop is. Let them see a few boats go over the flume and see if they are "concerned". If not, go for it!

GenerationX

Moustronaut said:
Take your kids on the Walt Disney World Railroad from mainstreet to frontierland. When the train goes through the tunnel, you can see into one of Splash Mountain's animatronic sceens. If they seem interested, then get off the train at Frontierland and walk around to the front where the big drop is. Let them see a few boats go over the flume and see if they are "concerned". If not, go for it!
This is an excellent suggestion. One other thing I've found with my boys - sometimes they just don't want to get their clothes wet, but they don't know how to articulate that. So, when one of them seemed anxious about Splash, I asked him if he wanted to wear his rain poncho. He said he did, and that calmed him down. He ended up loving the ride (it is one of the best in all of WDW).

DCL

I am willing to go as far as to say that Splash Mountain is probably the best attraction on the entire property. The theming and sheer entertainment this ride offers is better than any other ride I can think of. You add in a nice little thrill with the few drops it has... it's truly an amazing attraction.

As for the kids in your party, the 7 and 12 yr olds should have no real trouble with the drop. It may look scary at first, but it's really not that bad. I don't know how a 4 yr old would take it, assuming he's tall enough in the first place. With the music and all the characters in the ride, it's like a kid's dream!

P.S. Welcome to the boards! and enjoy your first trip! :wave:

afr117

My daughter was three on her first trip on Splash Mountain (she's a tall girl). She LOVED the drop, but was very frightened of some of the darker parts of the interior (particularly the very dark room with the bees). Just something for you to think about if your littlest has issues with the dark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom