Splash Mountain Refurb Ever?

littlemsmowgli

Original Poster
Let me preface by saying i love love love splash mountain and classic disney attractions. el rio del tiempo is a travesty. i hate the "toonization" of everything and cleaning up and re-doing for cleaning up and re-doing's sake. however, i was recently on splash mountain and lot of the effects/animatronics looked a little dated. do you think disney will ever do i quality refurb with puppets and effects that stay with the classic feel of the ride but look a lot less beat up?

MerlinTheGoat

I doubt it. And i think other attractions are in more dire need of getting updates. Splash Mountain still looks quite good to this day. Just needs a little cleaning up here and there. Last few times i've rode it during the past month, the hopping Brer Rabbit was broken and not functioning. Other than that, not much to fix. Only other thing is some messed up audio right before the coaster drop (Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit sound like they're being filtered through a badly tuned radio).

Perhaps one day, but right now it does not seem very likely. I would like to see a good, high quality refurbishment of this ride as well, but not until The Country Bears do... :x

ryno1982

Nope. Every year the ride is closed for a month, and they never do anything significant (except for last year when they added terrible new lighting). And for some reason one of the imagineers finds it necessary for the organ in the showboat scene to be incredibly loud. I guess it's asking too much for the ride to function correctly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom