Splash Mountain Animatronic not Working?

disneyblondie15

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I've looked all over for this, but couldn't find an answer. Yes, it may be a dumb question, but it kind of bugged me this last trip. I've just gotten back from WDW on the 11th. I rode Splash Mountain countless times (like always) and on different days. After you go down the big drop and you pass the Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah scene, you look to your right and see an alligator holding Brer Fox's tail in his mouth. Every single time I went on it, the alligator wasn't pulling Brer Fox like usual. The animatronic alligator just stayed dormant, while Brer Fox acted like he was being pulled. Has the alligator permanently stopped motion or have cast members just not noticed it yet?

geekza

If there's anything I've learned from folks here, it's that cast members notice when something isn't working. Getting it fixed is another story. The hippo in Small World has been suffering from stroke-like symptoms for years.
maxresdefault.jpg

disneyblondie15

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'm sure they've noticed it and even reported it. Unfortunately, it takes an act of Congress to get things fixed.
Okay thanks! I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination but I was almost certain that it used to move. Making a big deal out of nothing, I guess :)

geekza

As long as they keep getting people in the gates with the current level of disrepair, they aren't going to devote resources toward fixing things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom