Spider Problems??

Queenie

Original Poster
My sister-in-law heard a rumor that All Star Movies is having a big problem with spiders all over the place after the recent hurricanes. (and maybe some story about a snake too???:rolleyes: ) We are leaving in 5 days and she is freaked! Can anyone confirm or deny?

Thanks!

WDWKat26

I was just at All Star music a few days ago, and it doesn't seem like they were having any problems. Even though they might not tell you anything, try and call the resort to see if they've heard anything, it might just be a rumor. But then again, it's Florida, and we have a lot of Bugs down here, what do you expect?

westie

2 trips ago we stayed at the Swan. Abeit, we were basically sleeping and showering in the room but, we had these little knats all over the place. I called, they sprayed, and stayed. Finally I just started smashing them all over the walls and furniture. I discovered on our last day they were living on the back of the curtains. Plenty of sun and hiding back there. Now the first place I look when I walk in the room!

TURKEY

Nothing out of the ordinary as far as bug/spiders go. However, there are plenty of bugs around, as well as bunnies, possums, armadillos. No big problems.

People complain when they find frogs/bugs in their rooms when they decide to leave the door propped open and sit outside. :rolleyes:

Atta83

At least they did not have crickets and roaches in their room like we had one time in Dallas, we refused to pay for the room. It was nasty!! But spiders are no biggies they eat bugs :).

All Star Nathan

Building 3 at Sports has some huge spiders but they aren't in the rooms. They spin huge webs on the railings overnight and 3rd shift gets them down before they leave at the end of theri shift. I haven't heard of any real problems at Movies, except for that one time I was doing XCO's and found a bobcat by the quiet pool.

We were at ASM last week, and we did have a few small spiders in our room. Our friends next door had a few as well. I didn't think it was all that bad though. We just smashed them as we found them.

TURKEY

HntdMansionFan said:
We were at ASM last week, and we did have a few small spiders in our room. Our friends next door had a few as well. I didn't think it was all that bad though. We just smashed them as we found them.
I assure you that almost any home/apt. has a few small spiders/bugs in it.

maelstrom

You don't know about bugs in hotel rooms until you stay at the Embassy on Lake Cecile on 192. I think it's a Motel 6 or a Super 8 now, but when we stayed there it was the Embassy. And they had these huge mutant bugs that were everywhere. When you opened the door in the morning, they covered the wall, floor, and ceiling of the hotel. Grossest thing EVER!

bgraham34

I hate spiders, I kill them when i see them. THey scare me. But I can live with them, cause if I have other bugs then I dont kill the spiders they get the other bugs. Then come winter I kill the spiders if they are still around. Ok what am I saying here.

ral8026

The only real "bug" problem is the love bugs that invade WDW early spring. Those tiny black bugs mate everywhere and get into everthing! I believe in free love, but really. :D

PurpleDragon

ral8026 said:
The only real "bug" problem is the love bugs that invade WDW early spring. Those tiny black bugs mate everywhere and get into everthing! I believe in free love, but really. :D
Tell me about it. Last trip I took down to FLA, they were so bad that when I got to my destination, the front end of my car was almost completely black, just covered from top to bottom. It took me a month to get them all off.:mad:

I recently found a good cleaning product for removing them off your car. I'll try and remember the name of it and post it up here for ya.

Nicole

Ahh, welcome to the South. We are having our typical autumn spider problem up here in NC too. I don't know what Disney can or should be expected to do. Spiders live in the world, and in the fall they like to come inside where it's warm. They don't crawl on the ground so regular bug spray type things aren't as effective on them as they are on bugs.

csaguy

Spiders

We were at Movies last week Wednesday-Sunday and didn't notice any. If there was one, my wife would have found it andscreamed loud enough for everyone to know!
Great trip, small crowds.
All set to go back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom