Spending Money and Tipping

momofoneson

Original Poster
We are a family of 3 and are staying for 10 days at CSR, arriving August 20th:sohappy: We are on the dining plan. I would really appreciate suggestions for tipping and spending money.

1. Tipping at TS meals. What is the average?
2. Tipping at Character meals. Is there a different rate?
3. Tipping mousekeeping.
4. Spending money for grown up drinks at TS meals?
5. General daily spending money at the parks for incidentals? Water, etc...
6. Souvenir spending money. We are not HUGE souvenir collectors, the memories will be in our pictures.

rsoxguy

1. 15 to 20 percent is customary, with a larger tip for exceptional service.

2. See #1.

3. This is debatable. One dollar per person, per day, or a maximum of five dollars per day. Some would say that this tip is unnecessary, and the choice is yours to make.

4.I don't drink alcohol, so I don't know.

5.I would say, barring actual meals, that twenty dollars per day per person for water, soda, and snacks would suffice.

6.Lots-o-money. It really depends on your income and personal desires.

bmarkelon

1. Tipping at TS meals. What is the average? 20%
2. Tipping at Character meals. Is there a different rate? 20%
3. Tipping mousekeeping. 1-5 per day of stay (depends on how many times they visit during your stay)
4. Spending money for grown up drinks at TS meals? roughly $10 on average (per beverage), give or take a couple dollars
5. General daily spending money at the parks for incidentals? Water, etc... less if you are on a dining plan but I'd say 20-30 bucks
6. Souvenir spending money. We are not HUGE souvenir collectors, the memories will be in our pictures. I am not a good one to go by on this, we go totally overboard on souvenirs. I would say at least a couple hundred dollars for a tee-shirt each, photo album, holiday ornament, magnet, mug, etc....this one is entirely up to you

Totaly agree with all that rsoxguy said. My DH and I do indulge in an occasional adult drink at dinner and for that we typically do $1 per drink on top of the %20 that we tip our waitstaff.

We are bringing our own water so we can refill them during the day to help cut the cost on purchsasing drinks during the day, and as for the spending money, we bring lots but thats only because we only get out to The World every two to three years. We do live an hour and a half away from DL though so we get our Disney fix often. :)

devoy1701

I dont think $10 is going to cover it for adult drinks. WDW is by no means expensive when it comes to adult beverages...there are many places I've been to that charge a lot more... It ranges around $5.50 to $8.00 per adult beverage. The exception would be Rainforest Cafe (that's the only exception I've found so far) that charges a lot more because they're beverages come in a souvenier glass. Those glasses still happen to be sitting in the boxes we got them in because we aren't going to drink adult beverages that large when we're at home!!! :D

I can speak for a party of 2:

-QS lunch and snacks (or cokes) for 2 runs us about $30 a day
-TS meals for 2 usually run about $45-$60 (depending on Appetizer and Desserts) including tip...I like to round my checks up to a whole dollar.
-We usually tip Mousekeeping $2/day.
-Can't say for souveniers as we tend to go for big ticket items nowadays since we go so often...jewelry, watches, Olszewski Main Street Miniatures...

bmarkelon

I dont think $10 is going to cover it for adult drinks. WDW is by no means expensive when it comes to adult beverages...there are many places I've been to that charge a lot more... It ranges around $5.50 to $8.00 per adult beverage. The exception would be Rainforest Cafe (that's the only exception I've found so far) that charges a lot more because they're beverages come in a souvenier glass. Those glasses still happen to be sitting in the boxes we got them in because we aren't going to drink adult beverages that large when we're at home!!! :D

I can speak for a party of 2:

-QS lunch and snacks (or cokes) for 2 runs us about $30 a day
-TS meals for 2 usually run about $45-$60 (depending on Appetizer and Desserts) including tip...I like to round my checks up to a whole dollar.
-We usually tip Mousekeeping $2/day.
-Can't say for souveniers as we tend to go for big ticket items nowadays since we go so often...jewelry, watches, Olszewski Main Street Miniatures...

I should have been more clear....I meant $10 per beverage on average, not 10 per meal

Uncle Lupe

On the dining plan is there anything that you cannot order other then appetizers, alcohol and souvenir drinks and it not be a covered expense? Are market price items covered?

Pioneer Hall

On the dining plan is there anything that you cannot order other then appetizers, alcohol and souvenir drinks and it not be a covered expense? Are market price items covered?

Usually the only time you can't order something is if it is an add on. So if the menu says add a lobster tail for 9.99 you can't get that on the plan. You can pay out of pocket if you choose.

Magical Dreamer

On our last trip with a family of 5 with the dining plan included I believe we spent about 1K out of pocket cash.

Average table service tip was $25 - $35 per meal.

Mousekeeping $5 per day

jlevis

Pretty much what rsoxguy says. As he noted housekeeping can change day-to-day so we tip daily. Souvenirs? As much as you want to spend (then a bunch more).

Klpalmer

Just a heads up i recently stayed at CSR and was surprised to find they do not provide the option to tip the service staff in the food court with any form of card (debit,credit,key to the world) they add a service charge fee that is around 10%. This is not really an acceptable tip since the servers do bring beverages and check back on you during the meal. I assume they are paid a higher hourly rate then normal service staff since the fee is charged but many of the servers are very friendly and while some of them do only bring drinks others do much more and on several occasion I had forgotten cash and had to make the extra trip to the ATM and come back and search for my server. The ATM is located behind the front desk across the main building in the lobby so be sure to take at least a some cash with you when dining at the pepper market to tip.

BigRedDad

1. To me, this is dependent on whether it is a buffet or not. If you have a true server, then 15-20% depending on service. If it is a buffet where I get my own food, it is much less.
2. same as #1
3. I tip $1 per day per person. I usually talk with the lady while there and give her the tip all at once.
4. Depends on how much you drink. There is no "happy hour". Drinks are not cheap.
5. You can go for $0 or up to $100 or more. It depends on your needs and desires.
6. Its up to you. Some people spend $100s others spend very little. I but my DD a $12-$15 stuffed animal each day as long as she is not asking for something at every turn. It is a tradition and her babies love sitting in the window the rest of the vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom