SpectroMagic's Last Day

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I know I'm a day late, but yesterday, June 5, 2015, was the 5th anniversary of SpectroMagic's closing and subsequent replacement by the MSEP in 2010.

I'd like to turn this into a thread to reminisce about the old parade.

mouse_luv

That was my favorite parade. I last saw it in early 2009 and had hoped it would be there on my next trip to the World in 2012. Unfortunately, we know that didn't happen. I always wish it was still around esp for my DBF to see since he never got the chance. There was just something about Spectro that was magical for me. We saw MSEP in 2012 and it just didn't do it for me. I would rather go on rides now than sit through MSEP lol!

Last edited:

brb1006

I used to be creeped out by the Spectromen, but I started to like them over the years. I wish I could understand what some of them said though.

brb1006

That was my favorite parade. I last saw it in early 2009 and had hoped it would be there on my next trip to the World in 2012. Unfortunately, we know that didn't happen. I always wish it was still around esp for my DBF to see since he never got the chance. There was just something about Spectro that was magical for me. We saw MSEP in 2012 and it just didn't do it for me. I would rather go on rides now that sit through MSEP lol!
I have to agree, I enjoy MSEP but Spectromagic has a much magical atmosphere compared to MSEP. It leaves an impact especially during the final with various classic Disney characters and the music for when the lights to all white really makes it a perfect farewell to your favorite Disney characters. If the parade ever made a comeback, they should get ride of the animatronic Jiminy Cricket and get the actual Jiminy Cricket that was seen in the Festival Of Fantasy Parade and maybe add a few obscure Disney characters for the finale including two or three new floats.

mouse_luv

I have to agree, I enjoy MSEP but Spectromagic has a much magical atmosphere compared to MSEP. It leaves an impact especially during the final with various classic Disney characters and the music for when the lights to all white really makes it a perfect farewell to your favorite Disney characters. If the parade ever made a comeback, they should get ride of the animatronic Jiminy Cricket and get the actual Jiminy Cricket that was seen in the Festival Of Fantasy Parade and maybe add a few obscure Disney characters for the finale including two or three new floats.

Unfortunately, the parade floats were destroyed so no hope for a comeback. It would be nice though if the next night time parade at the MK paid some sort of tribute to Spectro.

brb1006

Unfortunately, the parade floats were destroyed so no hope for a comeback. It would be nice though if the next night time parade at the MK paid some sort of tribute to Spectro.
Possibly for Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary, since Spectromagic debuted for Walt Disney World's 20th Anniversary back in 1991

champdisney

My days spent at the Magic Kingdom would have never been complete without seeing SpectroMagic. That parade really captivated a truly magical era with the brilliant selection of characters, the beautifully lighted floats, and the awesome score that went along with it. It's still my favorite parade of all time.

As for MSEP... Let's just say I'm not a fan of leftovers.

Sketch105

I grew up with MSEP, so I was never a huge fan of SpectroMagic, but I did enjoy the Chernabog float and the newer use of lighting/technology at the time. That Mickey float was a pretty spectacular way to start things off.

I am disappointed they cannot bring it back since it was way more up to date than MSEP, and after seeing "Paint the Night" on youtube...I wish they would get a new nighttime parade now. I would fondly bid farewell to Casey Jr and Elliot the Dragon if we got something shiny and new.

brb1006

I grew up with MSEP, so I was never a huge fan of SpectroMagic, but I did enjoy the Chernabog float and the newer use of lighting/technology at the time. That Mickey float was a pretty spectacular way to start things off.

I am disappointed they cannot bring it back since it was way more up to date than MSEP, and after seeing "Paint the Night" on youtube...I wish they would get a new nighttime parade now. I would fondly bid farewell to Casey Jr and Elliot the Dragon if we got something shiny and new.
I hope the Magic Kingdom might get's a new electrical parade similar to Spectromagic if it reaches it's 50th Anniversary in 2021.

OliveMcFly

I used to be creeped out by the Spectromen, but I started to like them over the years. I wish I could understand what some of them said though.
Me too! I was glad they changed over to painted faces and got rid of this masks.
I loved Spectro. It holds a lot of memories for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom