Special offers summer 2013

meganw1985

Does anyone have any inside info about what kind of special offers (if any) will be offered after the current one through June 14? I tried to search, but came up with nothing. I know it is never a "sure thing", but let's be honest, there's always something. We are traveling July3-10. Per mousesavers, in the past it looks like a room only discount and free gift card offers. I figured they will probably be released sometime beginning of April since that's when this one expires? But I know a lot of times they kind of follow Visa cardholder offers/UK special offers/etc., so I thought maybe someone might have an inside scoop! Thanks peeps :)

disneygirl1

They most likely will release discounts for june 15th on in March or April. Looking at past years the following was offered. Not sure in the week of 4th of July will be blacked out. Hope this helps.

Travel dates: June 15 – August 14, 2012​
Walt Disney World has released a special discount for the general public where they can save up to 25% off of their room only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts. Savings are based on resort;
Sample Savings:
  • All-Star Sports and All-Star Music: 15% off
  • Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort (campgrounds and cabins): 20% off
  • Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge (standard view rooms only), Saratoga Springs and Old Key West: 25% off
Sample Nightly Rates:
  • All-Star Sports, standard room: $110.00
  • Port Orleans Riverside, garden view room: $152.00
  • Caribbean Beach, standard view room: $152.00
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge, standard view room: $206.25
  • Beach Club, garden view room: $277.50
  • Grand Floridian, garden view room: $376.00
  • Saratoga Springs, 2 bedroom villa: $453.79

These rates are per night, and do not include the 12.5% resort tax. Weekend nights may be more expensive. Rates cover several seasons, so the rates may be higher for your travel dates than what is listed above.
Please note that some resorts have been excluded from the discounts, or are discounted a very small percentage (5%). Those resorts include All-Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans French Quarter, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Villas and the Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
This offer must be booked by June 14, 2012. Not all nights or resorts may be available. Guests can book either a room only reservation or a package reservation including tickets and dining plans, though only the room portion will be discounted, tickets and dining plan will be at full rate. Availability is limited.

Upvote 0

meganw1985

Original Poster
They most likely will release discounts for june 15th on in March or April. Looking at past years the following was offered. Not sure in the week of 4th of July will be blacked out. Hope this helps.

Travel dates: June 15 – August 14, 2012​
Walt Disney World has released a special discount for the general public where they can save up to 25% off of their room only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts. Savings are based on resort;
Sample Savings:
  • All-Star Sports and All-Star Music: 15% off
  • Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort (campgrounds and cabins): 20% off
  • Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge (standard view rooms only), Saratoga Springs and Old Key West: 25% off
Sample Nightly Rates:
  • All-Star Sports, standard room: $110.00
  • Port Orleans Riverside, garden view room: $152.00
  • Caribbean Beach, standard view room: $152.00
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge, standard view room: $206.25
  • Beach Club, garden view room: $277.50
  • Grand Floridian, garden view room: $376.00
  • Saratoga Springs, 2 bedroom villa: $453.79
These rates are per night, and do not include the 12.5% resort tax. Weekend nights may be more expensive. Rates cover several seasons, so the rates may be higher for your travel dates than what is listed above.
Please note that some resorts have been excluded from the discounts, or are discounted a very small percentage (5%). Those resorts include All-Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans French Quarter, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Villas and the Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
This offer must be booked by June 14, 2012. Not all nights or resorts may be available. Guests can book either a room only reservation or a package reservation including tickets and dining plans, though only the room portion will be discounted, tickets and dining plan will be at full rate. Availability is limited.

Yay! I hope it is the same again! I'm getting really impatient waiting to book. I haven't gotten ANY PIN codes this year (I always do, but I haven't been since 2010, I was getting them more frequently when we were going all the time). I'm thinking about calling to see if they have any under my name. But not sure how that convo would go; "Hi. I'm just wondering if you have any special offers for me even though they aren't out yet?" That can't be normal lol.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Yay! I hope it is the same again! I'm getting really impatient waiting to book. I haven't gotten ANY PIN codes this year (I always do, but I haven't been since 2010, I was getting them more frequently when we were going all the time). I'm thinking about calling to see if they have any under my name. But not sure how that convo would go; "Hi. I'm just wondering if you have any special offers for me even though they aren't out yet?" That can't be normal lol.

I know I feel the same way about the codes. I swear I get them all the time when I already have a trip booked! :p I was the same way I got tired of waiting for a code for mid June so I decided to go the renting points route. It ended up working out to about what it would cost me if the offer I mentioned came out for my dates.

Can't wait! We were originally checking into AKV on 6/14, but found that it was cheaper to fly down Thursday night, so I booked a room only at AoA for the night before we check into AKV!

Good luck! And Yes I would call up Disney and say just that.... Looking to book a trip, but first can you look to see if there are any pins attached to my name. I have done that a few times! :)

Upvote 0

meganw1985

Original Poster
I know I feel the same way about the codes. I swear I get them all the time when I already have a trip booked! :p I was the same way I got tired of waiting for a code for mid June so I decided to go the renting points route. It ended up working out to about what it would cost me if the offer I mentioned came out for my dates.

Can't wait! We were originally checking into AKV on 6/14, but found that it was cheaper to fly down Thursday night, so I booked a room only at AoA for the night before we check into AKV!

Good luck! And Yes I would call up Disney and say just that.... Looking to book a trip, but first can you look to see if there are any pins attached to my name. I have done that a few times! :)

Are you staying @ Jambo or Kidani? When we stayed there in 2010, I originally wanted Kidani, but got Jambo. Once we checked in, and looked around, I actually preferred Jambo to Kidani. Kidani's pool was more exciting, but I liked the bigger "lodge" and all the action!

EDIT: duh. Just saw your signature :rolleyes: You will have to let me know how you like it there!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Are you staying @ Jambo or Kidani? When we stayed there in 2010, I originally wanted Kidani, but got Jambo. Once we checked in, and looked around, I actually preferred Jambo to Kidani. Kidani's pool was more exciting, but I liked the bigger "lodge" and all the action!

EDIT: duh. Just saw your signature :rolleyes: You will have to let me know how you like it there!

LOl! :p We stayed at Jambo in Dec 2010 and LOVED it! I wanted Jambo for June, but it wasn't available. I'm excited to try Kidani. Pool looks awesome and like that the buses pick up and drop off at Kidani first. Will keep you posted on how it was!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom