Special Occasion Advice

koondog

Original Poster
While at disney, our mother is going to be celabrating her 70th birthday, any advice on where would be a good place to celebrate this, dinner or otherwise?

jim1051

birthday

You could go upscale with Narcoosees or Yachtsman or go for fun and do Chef Mickey's or some other character dinner.

Oh yea, how about Hoop-dee-doo for a real party?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It would help if you told us who will be there [other than the Birthday girl]?

If there are lots of kids, a character dinner might be the answer [if she likes them].

If mostly adults, but some kids, maybe something at Epcot [Le Cellier would be my choice].

If only adults, you could go for Victoria & Albert's or other "up-scale" restaurants.

When you make the reservation, advise them that you're marking her 70th and they may add some special treatment. Actually, it's worth telling the resort you're staying at, all the restaurants you reserve at and get her a birthday button to wear for the duration of her stay. Any number of pleasant treats might come her way and lots of CMs will wish her a happy birthday!

[I've highlighted that it might happen, don't bank on it or even expect it. If it happens, great :sohappy:]

And wish her a happy birthday from all of us here at WDWMagic while you're at it!

BRER STITCH

Why not just ask her?!?! :veryconfu

It's HER birthday, after all! :lol:

Seriously, you may or may not know what she likes to eat, so present her with a couple MENU options (no need to spoil the surprise of WHERE you will be eating) and see which one she prefers.

Is she from the "fried chicken" club...or the Country Club?? :D

Choose by the food category, then we can tell you where to get it.

My first choice, by the way, is OHANA, as they have great round tables condusive to family gatherings, as well as MANY different kinds of meats to choose from, all served family style. Also, if she has any trouble at all getting around, it is right on the monorail ine at the Polynesian Resort! :sohappy:

jdvm

Any restaurant can be special but my vote would be for California Grill. Great food and atmosphere and spectacular view.

JaSnake16

Victoria and Alberts would be an unreal experience but it is pricey so I would definitely second that vote on the California Grill. I make it a point to eat there every trip down and have never been dissapointed. Make a "late" PS so that your family can watch the fireworks from your table or the deck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom