Speaking of Parking...

Driver

It just happened at DL last year

http://abc7.com/news/disneyland-parking-garage-fire-damages-9-cars/1753131/

Not to mention I couldn't find a news story on the car fire you mentioned, so not everything makes the news.

You're not everywhere at once my friend ;)
Thought we were talking about Florida not DL. And as far as something noteworthy as a car fire in the parking lot, I don't have to be everywhere. These things are mentioned to the CM's as an FYI. Even temporary lane changes on the roadways that maybe for only a few hrs, car accidents etc.etc.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Thought we were talking about Florida not DL. And as far as something noteworthy as a car fire in the parking lot, I don't have to be everywhere. These things are mentioned to the CM's as an FYI. Even temporary lane changes on the roadways that maybe for only a few hrs, car accidents etc.etc.

Interesting! It's good they're all kept up to date like that.

All I said was I feel like it happens more often than we think. Every once in awhile a bizarre situation comes out of the Disney Parks. I was pretty general in my statement.

Driver

Interesting! It's good they're all kept up to date like that.

All I said was I feel like it happens more often than we think. Every once in awhile a bizarre situation comes out of the Disney Parks. I was pretty general in my statement.
I understand, and yet there are many things that take place and the public is totally oblivious too. Most of these things are interesting but purposely kept low key. What I mean is it could be a training event ( for example) and guest have no idea. Fires, meh very rare. Last fire I saw was backstage caused by fireworks. No damage to speak of ( it was in a wooded area). But that was just after Christmas. Never made the news , but another example of CM's that maybe affected were notified within minutes.

Sonconato

Original Poster
I understand, and yet there are many things that take place and the public is totally oblivious too. Most of these things are interesting but purposely kept low key. What I mean is it could be a training event ( for example) and guest have no idea. Fires, meh very rare. Last fire I saw was backstage caused by fireworks. No damage to speak of ( it was in a wooded area). But that was just after Christmas. Never made the news , but another example of CM's that maybe affected were notified within minutes.
In all the threads, I really appreciate the information you give us. It is interesting and insightful!

Driver

In all the threads, I really appreciate the information you give us. It is interesting and insightful!
Thank you! I try to be as accurate as possible and not embellish what I say with info that maybe in part rumor. But I must say there are a lot of CM's on this site and most ( myself included) tend to step back a bit. Reason being when we make a correction or make truthful statements it is always met with challeng or contreversy . That gets old and frustrating after a while. So when I get into a thread and this starts to happen I back off because I'm not here to argue, I'm trying to help. I know who the argumentative ones are and I don't typically comment on threads they are on because I just don't need the drama. I think it's ok to disagree but it can be done in a respectful manner. So in the end ( in my opinion) the forum suffers from the " step back" approach because CM's don't want to engage the armchair experts. I have seen threads were someone says " maybe an insider will chime in" and in fact no one does. In some cases it involved sensitive information in others it was too controversial. Who loses? The forum. So thank you for your comment and if I can ever assist you feel free to PM me..... many do and I am ok with that. But it should go without saying I respectfully will not compromise myself or the company by divulging proprietary information. Cmon down and see us!!!

Sonconato

Original Poster
Thank you! I try to be as accurate as possible and not embellish what I say with info that maybe in part rumor. But I must say there are a lot of CM's on this site and most ( myself included) tend to step back a bit. Reason being when we make a correction or make truthful statements it is always met with challeng or contreversy . That gets old and frustrating after a while. So when I get into a thread and this starts to happen I back off because I'm not here to argue, I'm trying to help. I know who the argumentative ones are and I don't typically comment on threads they are on because I just don't need the drama. I think it's ok to disagree but it can be done in a respectful manner. So in the end ( in my opinion) the forum suffers from the " step back" approach because CM's don't want to engage the armchair experts. I have seen threads were someone says " maybe an insider will chime in" and in fact no one does. In some cases it involved sensitive information in others it was too controversial. Who loses? The forum. So thank you for your comment and if I can ever assist you feel free to PM me..... many do and I am ok with that. But it should go without saying I respectfully will not compromise myself or the company by divulging proprietary information. Cmon down and see us!!!
Well said, and again I thank you for your information. I completely understand about sensitive information and not wanting to compromise anything. Being a computer novice myself, I hide from the forum for a few days when I get attacked. I am not an insider, so I really do appreciate what you do offer.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
But I must say there are a lot of CM's on this site and most ( myself included) tend to step back a bit. Reason being when we make a correction or make truthful statements it is always met with challeng or contreversy . That gets old and frustrating after a while. So when I get into a thread and this starts to happen I back off because I'm not here to argue, I'm trying to help. I know who the argumentative ones are and I don't typically comment on threads they are on because I just don't need the drama. I think it's ok to disagree but it can be done in a respectful manner.

I really hope that you are not speaking about me. Not that i'm assuming, because all I said was I feel like this happens more often then we think. Not a discredit to you, but i'm starting to think you took it this way. You quoted me first, not the other way around.

Otherwise, don't let anyone discourage you! We're all Disney enthusiasts on this site :)

Driver

I really hope that you are not speaking about me. Not that i'm assuming, because all I said was I feel like this happens more often then we think. Not a discredit to you, but i'm starting to think you took it this way. You quoted me first, not the other way around.

Otherwise, don't let anyone discourage you! We're all Disney enthusiasts on this site :)
I do not hold any ill feelings toward you. I welcome respectful debate. And yes we are all Disney enthusiasts. I think what happens many times is, it's hard to interpret someone's meaning through a text because you don't know the inflection that would normally be in a voice conversation . So it's easy to take things the wrong way and then here we go!!!!

BrerWayne

Good to know you are a cast member. In the future, with your permission, I may reach out with questions. I don’t think I’ll be down before 2021, but it’s good to know someone who is “boots on the ground”.

Driver

Now that I look back I think what caught my attention was when you said " you can't be everywhere at once" and in my mind I reacted with the thought " I don't have to be" because of how well most of these events are communicated to CM's. And in the same breath my job takes me around property through out my shift every day. This is not true for someone like an attraction operator who reports to a defined area everyday. That person may or may not ever find out about the car fire, because it is so far removed from their day to day task. I'm not upset as a matter of fact I am glad we are able to air this out without attacking each other....... this is the way it should be!😊

UncleMike101

I just found this interesting article today relating to this event:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ot-fires-hydrants-removed-20180516-story.html
The people who oversaw the "improvements" that caused the fire hydrants to be removed have the typical Bean Counter mentality.
They are only interested in finishing the job as quickly and inexpensively as possible, not in finishing the job correctly and following up.
To "forget" to inform the Fire Department that the most valuable item in their arsenal, access to water, was removed is clearly negligent.

Last edited:

MAGICFLOP

The fire is not that interesting, but the banter is...

It seems there are key words (launch codes) that once someone types them, people clear the tower.. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom