Spaceship Earth?

Disneynutcase

Okay, here's one of those things that are driving me crazy when it comes to trip planning. We're going in April, 10 people in total, and are kinda bummed about how late Epcot is opening, since we're up and at 'em Disney nuts.

So I just picked up Rita Aero's 2002 guide which, like all other guides I've read, includes info like early entry that doesn't exist anymore.

Within it, she claims that Epcot opens later than other parks BUT that they open Spaceship Earth up a half hour or so before official opening time.

Has anybody been at Epcot lately (at say 9:30am) and found Spaceship Earth already taking passengers? Or is it the line up behind the ropes trick until they drop 'em at 10:00am?

Nut4Disney

I was down there in January, and that was the case. The ropes were past the entrance to SE, and you were able to queue up for SE and ride it before the ropes came down for the rest of the park.

Upvote 0

Disneynutcase

Original Poster
Oooh! Now I'm excited!:sohappy:

What time was this? How early before opening? What do you recall? And when in January were you there--peak season around New Years or later in the month?

We're planning on being at Epcot on a Sunday, getting there around 9:30ish to get a stroller for the little one in our party and with hopes that they'll drop the ropes a bit earlier than 10:00am. But we're good if it's SSE. That would be sweet!:D

More info, please?

Upvote 0

Nut4Disney

We were there Jan. 24-28th. We got there about 9:00, and they started letting people get in the SE lin around 9:15 and began the ride around 9:30. I think they started doing this, just to appease all the ed off people that were getting there at 9:00 and having to wait an hour behind the ropes.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom