Space Mountain poster - who was the artist?

TheLewisHK

Original Poster
il_570xN.2423479874_mft7 (1).jpg

I have been trying to find the name of the incredible imagineer/designer who created this poster for Space Mountain but cannot seem to find who the original artist was - I figured if anybody would know, it would be you guys! Does anybody have an idea?

My reason for wanting to know is my tattoo artist and I are creating a full sleeve using this poster as inspiration. We both love the style and wanted to look at other work by whomever designed it :)

Thanks in advance!

kverdon

View attachment 732360
I have been trying to find the name of the incredible imagineer/designer who created this poster for Space Mountain but cannot seem to find who the original artist was - I figured if anybody would know, it would be you guys! Does anybody have an idea?

My reason for wanting to know is my tattoo artist and I are creating a full sleeve using this poster as inspiration. We both love the style and wanted to look at other work by whomever designed it :)

Thanks in advance!
My wife used to work with the Artist a number of years ago. His name is Stuart Bailey

TheLewisHK

Original Poster
This is SO amazing to see!!! Thank you so much for sharing this - so grateful that you have shared this with us, please also pass my thanks over to your wife. It's so cool to see the earlier sketch and since I'm going to have it in black and white (and was questioning my own decision around having no colour lol) I think this solidifies that it WILL look good haha

TheLewisHK

Original Poster
Hi all! Just a quick message to say I haven't forgotten to update you all, my appointment is this Saturday (2nd Sept) so I'll have a good update for you then :)

TheLewisHK

Original Poster
20230902_105858.jpg

It is currently healing over, so I'll take a photo of the actual tattoo once I have it out properly in a few days. However, the stencil is above ! Absolutely in love with it - it had to be simplified to fit the arm but we have kept some of the more important sections of it. On the other side of the same arm, I am thinking of doing the Orbitron!

TheLewisHK

Original Poster
Screenshot_20230905_173539_Instagram.jpg

A photo just after we finished the session. It is currently healing over, I can take some of the more up-close details once it is healed and looking good! Some very spicy bits during this tattoo, particularly the elbow and along the back side of my arm lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom