Space Mountain: could i handle it?

Stitch_Kingdom

Original Poster
In my upcoming trip in March 2007 my friend and i who are going are planning to do every ride in the Magic Kingdom in one whole day. Now i haven't been on many thrill rides but i have been on Jurassic Park at IoA, Splash Mountain, Spiderman at IoA and the deceptively fast (well it was for me) Goofy's Barnstormer.

I want to know if you think i could handle Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain as well as i'd love to conquer my fear of these coasters.

Much appreciated

Nath

napnet

If you can handle the rides previously mentioned then you should have no problem with space mountain. the only scary part about it si the darkness and not knowing whats going to happen.

Big Thunder mountain is also easy to take, sit in the front (i think) to get the less scary ride.

Stitch_Kingdom

Original Poster
Thanks for that sounds like i can give it a go. I would love to be able to do Rock 'n' rollercoaster as well but i think loops is a bit much for me at the moment. One day though, one day...

napnet

I love RnR... now when i get off im sick for about 10 minutes but i dont feel it while im on it... loops/spinning is what gets me sick so M:S and I are not going to meet up

Stitch_Kingdom

Original Poster
Yeah the thing is i can take M:S and i absolutely love it and my cousin said if i could handle it then could handle RnR. The problem is i absolutely hate banking on rollercoasters so thats why i am a bit hesitant about BTMRR and why i am a bit unsteady on the barnstormer.

DarkMarik368

Well first of all inregards to Space and Big Thunder Mountain enjoy them. For a long time I wouldnt go on Space Mountain because I am afraid of heights and roller coasters werent my style let alone ones in the dark. But then we were there and my dad said to me "its a ride at disney world first of all and second of all this attraction has been going since the park began and no one has died, what are the odds something will go wrong with your car." Sure enough I rode it and enjoyed it. And Thunder MOuntain is nothing, seriously the only way to pull some thrill out of it is to ride in the last seat.

AS for the dude who says he will never ride Mission Space do to stomach sickness I think you should be all right. I am quite prone to motion sickness. I can barely go on dumbo let alone the tea cups and yet still I always ride Mission Space at least twice. As long as you look forward you will not even feel like your spinning.

barnum42

Stitch_Kingdom said:
Yeah the thing is i can take M:S and i absolutely love it and my cousin said if i could handle it then could handle RnR. The problem is i absolutely hate banking on rollercoasters so thats why i am a bit hesitant about BTMRR and why i am a bit unsteady on the barnstormer.
If you can stomach M:S then R&R should not be a problem. Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain are fairly tame - ride them first and they should prep you for R&R. :wave:

kathyjacks

my friend whos been to dis several times said ms is nothing to worry about. Her 5 year old rode it like 5 times the last time they were there. i dont' know how true it is but you know how the gravitron thing sucks you to the wall she said ms is nothing like that so I say try it . i know we are .I have had at least 10 people say they were suprised people make such a big deal out of it , so I guess its a a bad rep for nothing.

DarkMarik368

You know really Mission Space is the Gravitron on a grander scale or to disney quality. But rather then focusing on the fact that you spinning in the gravitron on Mission Space you feel the force on your face and the fact that it is in sync to what you are seeing you really cant tell you are spinning

Stitch_Kingdom

Original Poster
It looks like i'm gonna have one hell of a time now with my new found confidence of these rides. I was pondering the idea of going to DisneyQuest to construct my own rollercoaster to test things out, i thought it was a great idea!

dklovesbball

Space Mountain is a lot of fun. Just ask the CM working there for the first car so that you can see the track and know where you're going. You're going to want to ride it over and over again. = )

relloron

If you can handle Splash you can do Thunder. I did Thunder way before I got the nerve for Splash. Thunder's fast, but it doesn't have any big drops, loops, or anything like that. It's very tame compared ot some rides.

Space took longer time for me, but it's basicly Thunder in the dark. Maybe a small ten foot drop here and there, but it's almost the same.

Trust me, I'm twleve and probably one of the most freaked out one's out of all my friends I know.

Good luck getting up the nerve. :animwink:

VeRTiGo91

I rode SM, the first coaster I have ridden on since 1995.

I was pumped, always wanted to ride it, and I did.

I LOVED IT! I am a little heavier than I was 11 years ago, but handled it fine!

Go for it, you'll love it!!

Yetiguy

Stitch_Kingdom said:
In my upcoming trip in March 2007 my friend and i who are going are planning to do every ride in the Magic Kingdom in one whole day. Now i haven't been on many thrill rides but i have been on Jurassic Park at IoA, Splash Mountain, Spiderman at IoA and the deceptively fast (well it was for me) Goofy's Barnstormer.

I want to know if you think i could handle Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain as well as i'd love to conquer my fear of these coasters.

Much appreciated

Nath

Have a great trip! Don't waste your time on Everest. It's highly overrated.

MousekeTina

I've never done Space Mountain, BTMRR, M:S or RNR!
I never used to get sick as easily as I do now, but Im willing to try them all.
Loops I can shake off, Spinning though - I might need a barf bag :D

wdwron2008

Space mountain is a great ride. It;s my most favorite Attraction at WDW. The back of the second car is bumpy, You come out of your seat on a hill. You should have no worries while riding Space Mountain:D

DonaldDoleWhip

My first ride on SM was less than a month ago. I loved it! The main problems with SM are that it's pretty dark sometimes and it has some bumpy parts. Other than that, it isn't scary at all. I have 2 recommendations for you.

1) SM has two tracks. At a certain point in line, you will fork either right or left. Right is slightly less bumpy.
2) No matter which track you choose, the back of the rocket is more bumpy than the front. For your first time, request to sit in the front.

DizneyPryncess

I have a pretty severe fear of heights - and as a result, I don't go on many roller coasters.

I won't do Jurrasic Park or Splash Mountain because of the drops - so you've got me beat there.

Honestly, Big Thunder Mountain does not have a big drop, it's more like a fast moving train. It's for sure a tame roller coaster and you'd be find on that.

I have been on Space Mountain many times, but I don't like it. I just don't like being in the dark, I feel like I lose control and can't see what's going on. If that kind of things bothers you, I would avoid it. However, as drops & speed goes, it really is a tame ride as well.

If you could handle the things you've been on, I think you'll be okay! =)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom