Southern California City Pass

PSU_Princess

Original Poster
It looks like we will probably be taking an April 2007 trip to Disneyland (a first for both of us). We will be spending time visiting a couple people (and their new born babies :D ) but we definetly want to take a trip to DL. Maybe we can even tack on a trip to WDW at the end (or we might have to save that for another trip since my DH already has a lot of ideas for this trip) ......Anyway..... my question is has anyone used the southern california city pass? I was just wondering if it is worth it. I was thinking that we would probably spend 3 days at DL/DCA and a trip to Univeral would also be nice. I'm sure that if we do book this trip I will definetly need some help/advice! Thanks! :wave:

TP2000

The CityPass is a really great deal. If you have the ability to leave Anaheim during your stay (rental car?), then it's a must! You can't think of Disneyland like you do Disney World where you just camp out there for a week or 10 days and never leave Disney property, you'll need to get out and get going to see the rest of Southern California. 3 days is perfect for a Disneyland/DCA visit, and you'll get to see everything with time to do your top favorites a second time.

With the CityPass you'll have a chance to get down to San Diego, about a 90 minute freeway drive south of Disneyland. I highly recommend Sea World (the first one from '64) and/or the San Diego Zoo. Plus, San Diego is a truly delightful place to spend a day or two. A nice day trip from Anaheim is the short drive down to Newport Beach and then down PCH to Laguna Beach; that's the heart of stylish Orange County and also offers some stunning coastal scenery worthy of Soarin' Over California.

April is a good time to visit weather-wise, as the winter rains will be long gone. But it can get chilly at night in April, so bring sweaters and long pants. I hope you can avoid the two peak weeks around Easter Sunday, as those are very busy for Disneyland and pretty much all tourist destinations.

MainSt1993

I agree with all of TP2000's comments. I would also recommend - if you're watching your budget - considering staying at hotels near the activity you're doing. For instance, definitely stay on Disney property if you can at all swing it, because they do an outstanding job at hospitality. But for the same type accomodations you will be paying a lot more than the room is really worth, simply because of supply/demand. Spend a night in LA, and a couple in San Diego on top of your stay at DLR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom