Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
2 Questions, how does the camera recognize the cards? Like what is stopping me from printing a very good copy of (for example) the Elsa card and using it? Cause I was considering it

JoeCamel

2 Questions, how does the camera recognize the cards? Like what is stopping me from printing a very good copy of (for example) the Elsa card and using it? Cause I was considering it

The background on the cards is what the cameras are looking for so if you remove the image from the center and insert another (printed or on a phone/tablet) it will still play the original animation. So you can have woody woodpecker do a Buzz Lightyear animation. Lots of folks making custom cards and using them in the game. They don't produce different animations though. The keycard has a RFID antenna in it, the spellcards do not.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
The background on the cards is what the cameras are looking for so if you remove the image from the center and insert another (printed or on a phone/tablet) it will still play the original animation. So you can have woody woodpecker do a Buzz Lightyear animation. Lots of folks making custom cards and using them in the game. They don't produce different animations though. The keycard has a RFID antenna in it, the spellcards do not.
Oh so you can put it on your phone and it can't tell the difference?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom