Song of the South

FantasiaBish

Original Poster
Who here thinks, as I do, that Song of the South should be released in the US on video? I would love to own a copy of this movie, and don't feel that I should have to pay outrageous prices for an imported copy that has to be tranfered to US format, or the Japanese LD with subtitles. Just want to know if anyone else feels the same way.

Tink

I think it should be released on DVD or VHS too. When I was in the UK last year, I bought a PAL copy, hoping to be able to get it transferred over to VHS. Unfortunately, I can't find anyone who'll do it for me. :(

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I've seen it before. It's a good movie, but I don't think it will EVER be released stateside.. not w/ a character called "tar baby" anyways.

Al

it isnt released over in the US? why? i have a copy, i havent watched it in ageeeeeeeees though!

FantasiaBish

Original Poster
The reason it hasn't been released in the US is simply beacause of the negative impact od slavery in the US. And the race problems we have had... Apparantly the NAACP feel that Disney made slavery appear to be all happy and fun for the slaves (although the film takes place AFTER the Civil War) and so, we the film has not been released. I've been hearing rumors for years that it would be releaed for a very limited time, but it has never occured. Oh well I'll just keep dreaming....

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I have a feeling if they release it in the US, the ACLU will have a field day...

yet they (the ACLU) will defend a Nazi...

hypocrites

David

I got a copy last year. I lady I know knew a man who purchased a copy in the UK and brought it over to the States and made some copies. Actually, cosidering the age of the film, the copy was pretty good. I had never seen the film, so we enjoyed watching it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom