Something I need to know

JepMasta

Hey there I am going to spend the day at MGM Studios on June 11th. I am wondering, what is attendance at WDW like these days? I heard that it's "kind of dead" and I kind of like being in a crowd. Also, IS the Great movie Ride expected to be back and open on June 11th?

thanks

brian~

Candyapple

Hi!:wave:

From what I've heard, it's usually slower earlier in the week. I'm sure you like crowds, but if you wait to go later in the week, you will find a huge crowd. School will be out by then, actually, that I know of, public schools in Fla's last day is Wed. the 11th. That seems like a pretty good day to me. It's gonna get crazy after that. I've read that the Great Movie Ride will be reopened for June. No specific date, but they said it should be open by then.

Have fun!:sohappy:I'll be there too!

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Originally posted by Candyapple
Hi!:wave:

School will be out by then, actually,

My kids got out WEDNESDAY at noon. At 2:30 my 9 year old was "bored".

Somebody pleeeeeeze help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

79 days until they go back.....

Upvote 0

rosie.ca

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes

*the horror.... the horror....*

anyways I don't think you will feel lonley at the parks .....there are more than enough people

Upvote 0

Dwarful

My daughter and her two cousins have been out for exactly one week today! They always get out at 10am on the Friday before Memorial Day! I wish I knew the answer...unfortuantely its not been super warm so its too cold to swim but to warm to be cooped up inside...boy what we really need is a few days at Disney!

Upvote 0

Captain Cab

Doesn't it always seem like summer vacation goes by too fast for the kids and too slow for the parents? It's too bad more schools don't do the whole year-round thing.

Upvote 0

ImaSheDevil

it's too bad parents don't love their kids enough to be excited about the time they actually have with their kids when they get off so they can spend more time with them...

Upvote 0

pepsistar

:lookaroun Ah--- Ummmmmmm Except you/we still have to go to work etc everyday!!!! Wouldn't it be great if parents got the summer off too :lol: With Pay!! Right!!! Then we would "ALL" be :D and Disney attendance would really soar!!! :wave: Thats a plan-- hummmmmm I Wish, I Wish, I Wish--------

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Originally posted by ImaSheDevil
yeah i know i'm just saying i wish people would appreciate having children and stop being yuppies that can't wait to get rid of their kids

Wow! I love my children deeply, and I also love my neices/nephews who regularly play at my house as their mom has to work. Being a stay at home mom, 93 days in a row of summer vacation can get on even the best persons nerves. I don't want to get rid of my children....heck I am 30 and I still see and talk to my mom regularly. Its just that when its 95 degrees outside w/99%humidity and mosquitos everywhere the kids end up back inside. Its hard to keep them entertained and get my work done (lawn mowing, laundry, dishes, beds made, dusting, dinner, grocery shopping ...(a whole lot of fun w/4 kids under 9)! By the way I don't think anyone would call me a yuppie ;) we regularly stay at the all stars, own 2 vehicles free and clear one is a 96 w/100,000 miles the other is a 2001 that better last until 2011~ I am a cheapskate extrodinaire in order to be a stay at home mom AND affoard a trip to WDW every other year. I wouldn't change a thing though, I love my life and my children...just not the midwestern summers where it gets to be 95 my noon and cools off to about 90 by 11pm.

Upvote 0

ImaSheDevil

well the midwest may be a lot different then Jersey where I live but all I'm saying is i know plenty of people what the "the horror the horror" attitude and they live in million dollar homes and are still cheapskates and frankly it es me off...ya know? it's like...if you don't want kids around don't have children

Upvote 0

no2apprentice

Originally posted by JepMasta
Also, IS the Great movie Ride expected to be back and open on June 11th?
On May 18, FLcastmember posted in an update thread that Disney was saying June 7th, but GMR CM's were saying June 9th. I don't remember seeing any other dates talked about since his post. While it's not definite, it looks like there's a good chance it'll be open when you're there.

Upvote 0

Hurricane

Originally posted by Captain Cab
Doesn't it always seem like summer vacation goes by too fast for the kids and too slow for the parents? It's too bad more schools don't do the whole year-round thing.

Vacations went SUPER FAST when I was a kid, but now that I'm in college I want summer to be over so i can get back to school, summer is dragging along horribly slow.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom