Trip Report Somehow I'll make a fan out of you - January 2018 **COMPLETED**

IMG_7611.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

The post-Disney depression has officially set in. Actually, it set in as soon as I took the Tragical Express to MCO.

WHY does departure day exist?!?! Why can't I always be in my happy place!?! Why do I live in a place where the air hurts my skin?!?! Why can't I live in Orlando??

Such is life I guess!! To help cure my Disney blues and to hold me over until my next trip (which fortunately is never too far away), I thought I'd share my travels with all of you :joyfull:

[You can find my PTR here]
WHO: Myself (Rebecca/Becca) and my boyfriend Daniel
8rqfO5lzTe6+lgFf7UW65Q.jpg

WHEN: January 16th-22nd 2018
WHERE: Coronado Springs and Beach Club
WHY: Long story short, we've been dating for 3 years and wanted to celebrate!

This was Daniel's first trip as an adult (my 16th), he hasn't gone since he was 3 years old. He told me the only thing he remembered was riding Dumbo, so I knew that I had a challenge before me.... so I got inspiration from Mulan and thought to myself...

Somehow I'll make a FAN out of you!!!

Last edited:

becca_

Original Poster
Epcot con't:

After we sang along (again) to the Three Caballeros, we went on a hunt to find Daniel's mom a gift.

Daniel's mom is from Ecuador and she has family in Venezuela, so they are a very hispanic family (although he is paler than me :hilarious::hilarious: ). Unfortunately, there is no Ecuador in World Showcase so Mexico was about as close as we could get!

IMG_7340.jpg

He grabbed her this beautiful, made in Mexico, cross and little hat! She loves little trinkets like this so she was super excited when we brought it home!
IMG_7341.jpg

We stopped and listened to the mariachi band play Happy Birthday to the girl in the ears. It was so sweet and super cool to see!
IMG_7342.jpg

Then we ventured back into the cold and around World Showcase yet again!
IMG_7343.jpg
IMG_7344.jpg

I want this painting in my house!! That was the problem with Festival of the Arts... I wanted to purchase EVERYTHING!!!
IMG_7345.jpg
IMG_7347.jpg

We stopped for an early(ish) lunch at Liberty Inn.
IMG_7348.jpg

I got a side of mac & cheese, fries, and a coke and was able to use a meal. Daniel had the All American Burger. He said it was pretty good! I was still feeling pretty icky so I didn't eat much. (It's funny as I type that, I think I have the flu!!)

Out we went!
IMG_7349.jpg

Up next: More epcot!

becca_

Original Poster
More Epcot!:
As we made our way around, we stopped for pictures in France. The family in front of us was honestly annoying me LOL. They had 3 kids and everyone had to take 100 pictures in different poses and combinations of everyone in the family. I get it, you paid for the memory maker and all but really??? Maybe I was just annoyed from being sick & in pain but it just made me mad :hilarious:
EPCOT_ECROVE3_20180118_408140913143.jpg

The photo pass guy was trying to direct Daniel on how to pose. It was so funny because I always yell at him since he never looks quite right in our pictures!!
EPCOT_ECROVE3_20180118_408140913145.jpg
EPCOT_ECROVE3_20180118_408140913147.jpg
EPCOT_ECROVE3_20180118_408140913149.jpg

Then he told me to take off my wedding band... I was like :bored::bored::bored::bored::bored: um sir?? I'm not even legal to drink... do you think we're married? LOL

So he said to just take off my pin instead.
EPCOT_ECROVE3_20180118_408140946801.jpg

This would have been SO CUTE if Daniel's hand wasn't kinda wonky :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: oh well!
EPCOT_ECROVE3_20180118_408140946803.jpg
EPCOT_ECROVE3_20180118_408140946805.jpg
I love this one :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
IMG_7356.jpg

We kept walking and I knew I was on a mission!!
IMG_7357.jpg

We got a glance of some of the living statues. I never saw them move but they looked really cool!
IMG_7358.jpg

Up next: more Epcot!

riverside

Premium Member
Epcot con't:

After we sang along (again) to the Three Caballeros, we went on a hunt to find Daniel's mom a gift.

Daniel's mom is from Ecuador and she has family in Venezuela, so they are a very hispanic family (although he is paler than me :hilarious::hilarious: ). Unfortunately, there is no Ecuador in World Showcase so Mexico was about as close as we could get!

View attachment 264223
He grabbed her this beautiful, made in Mexico, cross and little hat! She loves little trinkets like this so she was super excited when we brought it home!
View attachment 264224
We stopped and listened to the mariachi band play Happy Birthday to the girl in the ears. It was so sweet and super cool to see!
View attachment 264225
Then we ventured back into the cold and around World Showcase yet again!
View attachment 264226View attachment 264227
I want this painting in my house!! That was the problem with Festival of the Arts... I wanted to purchase EVERYTHING!!!
View attachment 264228View attachment 264230
We stopped for an early(ish) lunch at Liberty Inn.
View attachment 264231
I got a side of mac & cheese, fries, and a coke and was able to use a meal. Daniel had the All American Burger. He said it was pretty good! I was still feeling pretty icky so I didn't eat much. (It's funny as I type that, I think I have the flu!!)

Out we went!
View attachment 264232

Up next: More epcot!
I pray you don’t have the flu! Not a good thing!

riverside

Premium Member
More Epcot!:
As we made our way around, we stopped for pictures in France. The family in front of us was honestly annoying me LOL. They had 3 kids and everyone had to take 100 pictures in different poses and combinations of everyone in the family. I get it, you paid for the memory maker and all but really??? Maybe I was just annoyed from being sick & in pain but it just made me mad :hilarious:View attachment 264237
The photo pass guy was trying to direct Daniel on how to pose. It was so funny because I always yell at him since he never looks quite right in our pictures!!
View attachment 264238View attachment 264239View attachment 264240
Then he told me to take off my wedding band... I was like :bored::bored::bored::bored::bored: um sir?? I'm not even legal to drink... do you think we're married? LOL

So he said to just take off my pin instead.
View attachment 264241
This would have been SO CUTE if Daniel's hand wasn't kinda wonky :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: oh well!View attachment 264242View attachment 264243I love this one :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
View attachment 264245
We kept walking and I knew I was on a mission!!
View attachment 264246
We got a glance of some of the living statues. I never saw them move but they looked really cool!
View attachment 264247
Up next: more Epcot!
You two are so cute!!

becca_

Original Poster
Your pictures near France were great.

Both of you have great facial expressions when looking at Chip but I think I give the nod to Daniel - he nailed it.

The heart pose with the button is super cute.

I think I know why people think you are married - the two of you look perfect together!! :)

Max
Thank you!! We'll probably end up married... just not now while I still live in a dorm :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

becca_

Original Poster
Sorry for not posting for a few days... I've been super sick and school is kicking my behind!!
Epcot con't:
So we headed into club cool! I made Daniel try Beverly....
IMG_7362.jpg

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

We decided we were tired and my knee was really bothering me, so we decided to head back & warm up and rest!
IMG_7363.jpg

My knee was getting super swollen (not sure if you can even tell) so I was elevating it on the bus.
IMG_7364.jpg
IMG_7365.jpg

We had *sort of* Shirley status on our bus back.
IMG_7367.jpg

While we were in the room, we decided to eat our caramel snacks... like I said before, they were :hungover::hungover::hungover:
I'm sure if we had eaten them right away they would have been really good and I really wanted to love them but I just didn't :cry:
IMG_7368.jpg

We took a short nap, but had plans at AK that we needed to attend to! So out we went!
IMG_7369.jpg
IMG_7371.jpg

Up next: AK!

becca_

Original Poster
AK con't:
Get ready for way too many pictures of Pandora LOL

IMG_7374.jpg

Soon we were here! Our first FP was for FoP, but we had some time so we took it slow.
IMG_7375.jpg
IMG_7376.jpg

I see you, floating mountains!! You can't hide from me!!
IMG_7377.jpg

It wasn't too busy, but I definitely felt the crowds.
IMG_7378.jpg

IMG_7379.jpg
IMG_7380.jpg
IMG_7381.jpg

I love this sign, I want a poster of it :hilarious:
IMG_7382.jpg

They turned the water off on this plant (whatever it's called) since it was so freezing out.
IMG_7383.jpg

Up next: WAY more Pandora pictures (whether you like it or not LOL)

becca_

Original Poster
AK con't:
I wanted to let Daniel kind of take the lead here since he hadn't seen it before. So we just walked slowly around, taking in all the details. It was kind of hard since there were a pretty good amount of people there, but we managed.
IMG_7384.jpg
IMG_7386.jpg
IMG_7387.jpg

Daniel was in awe. I think this is where he really started to notice those Disney details I had annoyed him about for so long.
IMG_7388.jpg

Have I said how much I love Pandora?
IMG_7389.jpg
IMG_7390.jpg
IMG_7391.jpg
IMG_7392.jpg
IMG_7393.jpg

From there, we hopped in the FP line for FoP. I was sosoososo excited to show Daniel my favorite ride in all of WDW!!
Up next: more AK!!!!

becca_

Original Poster
AK Con't:
IMG_7394.jpg

Daniels thoughts on FoP: he could not WAIT to ride it again!! He literally still talks about it. I love this ride so much, it really is just.... breathtaking. I cried :hilarious::hilarious:
IMG_7409.jpg

We made our way out of Pandora and headed to Pizzafari for dinner, but first stopped for some pretty interesting photo pass pictures..
AK_PANDORASMFALLS_20180118_408146650803.jpg
AK_PANDORASMFALLS_20180118_408146737248.jpg

We look so washed out!!! I promise I'm not that pale in real life LOL

Then we walked to over to our yummy dinner.
I really miss the old pizza, but the flatbread is still really good :hungry:
IMG_7413.jpg

We left and honestly, I was considering just heading back to the hotel. I felt so sick and so tired that I didn't want to be walking around anymore, but it was so early and I felt bad so I decided to just take some meds and tough it out.
IMG_7414.jpg

We headed toward Africa, just to look around while we waited for our next FP to open up.
IMG_7415.jpg
IMG_7416.jpg

I love how genuine it feels. I always get lost in the details and forget I'm in AK. Ugh. :inlove:
IMG_7417.jpg

It was starting to clear out a bit so it felt nice to be able to take it slow and not have to worry about people not being able to get around us for walking too slow.
IMG_7418.jpg

Up next: More AK!

becca_

Original Poster
AK con't:

We kept walking around through Africa, on the way to Asia where our next FP was.
IMG_7419.jpg
IMG_7421.jpg
IMG_7422.jpg
IMG_7420.jpg

I see you, Mickey!! This sign always makes me think of @prfctlyximprct hahaha
IMG_7422.jpg
IMG_7423.jpg

If memory serves me right, there were ladies drumming and singing, so we stopped to listen for a few minutes. It was a really relaxing time walking around, not rushing from ride to ride. Even though it was cold and I didn't feel good, I still think of this night as one of the best of our trips :)
IMG_7425.jpg
IMG_7426.jpg
IMG_7427.jpg
IMG_7428.jpg

Our next destination came into view! How beautiful!!
IMG_7430.jpg

I LOVE golden hour, especially at Disney!!!!:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Next up: more AK!

prfctlyximprct

I do love that waving Mickey! Lol it’s a new tradition to take a pic with his happy little face :)

Glad you took meds and felt better! Those AK photos at the golden hour are soooo beautiful!!! The ambiance is enhanced in the most perfect park that ever was :inlove::inlove::inlove:

becca_

Original Poster
Day 3 continued:
We danced with the yeti, and Daniel once again claimed Everest to be his favorite ride :hilarious:
IMG_8708.JPG

Man, was it cold going down that hill!!!

We decided to head over to Rivers of Light to get a seat since it was going to start in about 30 minutes.
IMG_7437.jpg
IMG_7440.jpg
IMG_7441.jpg

I was thinking of Nicole (@prfctlyximprct ) the entire time!! We messaged on instagram for a while and I told her she should bring gloves since she was leaving for Disney the next day. I was wishing I had them!! Man, so much stuff in Disney makes me think of forum members... I need help LOL
IMG_7443.jpg

The performers who get on the boat were walking through the crowds and since it was pretty cold out, there were a lot of open seats so we sat in the front row. It was really neat to see since in May when I saw ROL, they weren't doing this.
IMG_7444.jpg
IMG_7447.jpg
IMG_7452.jpg

This show isn't the most "WOW" show (that would be HEA) in WDW, but it is really pretty and I have fallen in love with the music since I saw it in May. I think it could be better, but it pulls at my heart strings in just the right way. I think it is a great addition to AK and I hope they add a tag for AK's 20th! Fun fact, AK and I were "born" in the same year, and our "birth month" is the same... although I am older by a few weeks ;)

From there, we had a FP for Dinosaur, so we headed over there!

Next up: AK!

becca_

Original Poster
AK con't:
We made our way over to Dinosaur, which I was able to move up our FP for, so we only had about 5 minutes to wait when ROL was over.
IMG_7456.jpg
IMG_7458.jpg

Going up and down the stairs in here was AWFUL. My knee felt like it was internally bleeding. I was so scared that I had done something incredibly wrong to it and I knew I wasn't going to be able to walk through the parks for the next few days. I was nervous I'd have to rent a wheelchair, which I did not want to do! Daniel kept telling me, "Don't be a hero... if you need help, get some!" I texted my mom about it and she told me to see if we could find a knee brace for the time being.
IMG_8710.JPG

Of course, being the stubborn person that I am, wanted to see Pandora at night even with my "bum knee" (I've always wanted to say that LOL)
IMG_7463.jpg

The park was DEAD!!!
IMG_7465.jpg
IMG_7471.jpg
IMG_7472.jpg
IMG_7479.jpg
IMG_7480.jpg
IMG_7481.jpg

I am no @fractal so my pictures are iPhone quality... and it shows :hilarious::hilarious:
I thought Pandora at night was really pretty - but it didn't feel bright enough for me. I wanted more things, plants, etc to be glowing and they just didn't! It still was really cool, though!

Up next: AK, Walgreens, and we turn in early!

becca_

Original Poster
Last bit of day 3:
IMG_7483.jpg

We headed toward the bus stop after seeing Pandora. I thought about calling an Uber from here but I wasn't sure where exactly they picked up so we took the bus back to CSR.
IMG_7485.jpg

We called an Uber from the main stop, and had the best Uber experience I've ever had!

I use uber pretty often since I'm in college and most of the drivers don't really talk to me... which is totally fine by me! Our driver this night was so cool - he worked for Disney and Universal previously and was probably 25 years old. He was telling us all about how his family is from Rochester, which is an hour outside of Buffalo! He took us to a Walgreens and waited for us while I bought a knee brace and Aleeve. He drove us back to CSR and dropped us off right near our room. He was so awesome and the whole trip was cheap! I recommend Uber/Lyft 100000% in Disney if you need to get somewhere!

I took a hot shower and by 10pm, I was in bed! You can see just how swollen my right knee was. It hurt so bad so I was elevating it with some pillows. I was glad to be asleep so early because we had a long day ahead of us!
IMG_7488.jpg

Up next: MK all day!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom