Trip Report Somehow I'll make a fan out of you - January 2018 **COMPLETED**

IMG_7611.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

The post-Disney depression has officially set in. Actually, it set in as soon as I took the Tragical Express to MCO.

WHY does departure day exist?!?! Why can't I always be in my happy place!?! Why do I live in a place where the air hurts my skin?!?! Why can't I live in Orlando??

Such is life I guess!! To help cure my Disney blues and to hold me over until my next trip (which fortunately is never too far away), I thought I'd share my travels with all of you :joyfull:

[You can find my PTR here]
WHO: Myself (Rebecca/Becca) and my boyfriend Daniel
8rqfO5lzTe6+lgFf7UW65Q.jpg

WHEN: January 16th-22nd 2018
WHERE: Coronado Springs and Beach Club
WHY: Long story short, we've been dating for 3 years and wanted to celebrate!

This was Daniel's first trip as an adult (my 16th), he hasn't gone since he was 3 years old. He told me the only thing he remembered was riding Dumbo, so I knew that I had a challenge before me.... so I got inspiration from Mulan and thought to myself...

Somehow I'll make a FAN out of you!!!

Last edited:

becca_

Original Poster
Regarding your souvenir mug,

No joke, at least once per week my son will say -

“Hey Mom, remember at Disney when I wanted a BB8 cup, the most epic BB8 cup, and you wouldn’t buy it for me?”
Hahahah sorry T!! Tell him when he gets a real job he can spend his money as irrationally as I do!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

21stamps

MK continued:

View attachment 263205View attachment 263206
We watched Happily Ever After from the most perfect spot. I seriously cannot tell you guys enough how much I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! It has created a special place in my heart and I will always love seeing it. I miss Wishes but honestly HEA knocks it out of the park for me. I have cried every single time I have seen it, and this night was no different. I remember I was soooo excited for Daniel to see it. When the narrator says, "Grab hold of your dreams and make them come true, for you are the key to unlocking your own magic. Now go, let your dreams guide you. Reach out and find your happily ever after." Daniel grabbed my hand and squeezed it really tight. I don't know about you but that melted my heart right then and there. I mean, dang this show makes me cry already..... but by the end of the night I looked like this:
View attachment 263213
Big ol' pile of tears. A mess.

After HEA, it was EMH so we headed to Haunted Mansion because it really is so much better in the dark.
View attachment 263207View attachment 263208
From there, I wanted to go on The Little Mermaid, so off we went.
View attachment 263209View attachment 263210
I wanted to do the photo op but the line is always SO long!!! :(
View attachment 263211
LOL this picture is so bad!! @prfctlyximprct I am sorry I did that to your poor castle!!!

We ventured under the sea and sang along!! I love this ride even if it isn't the best thing out there!

I forgot this castle selfie earlier so here ya go
View attachment 263212
Up next: More MK!

I’m so sad that I haven’t seen HEA. I wish it would have been showing on one of 3 different nights in November. I would have detoured to watch it on the drive home!

Longers

MK con't:

After we went Under The Sea, I noticed Big Thunder had a pretty low wait time, so we headed over there. I was thinking of you, @Longers! :)
View attachment 263511
I think it was posted at 25, but we waited maybe 15?
This ride is sooo much better in the dark!!
View attachment 263512
I really am the worst photographer LOL

We then headed over to Space Mountain for our last attraction of the night.
View attachment 263513
I really, really love Tomorrowland. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow......:)
View attachment 263514View attachment 263515
I believe that sign says 15 minutes, no idea LOL. We didn't wait long, though!
View attachment 263520
I pulled a @Tuvalu and Daniel looked like he was scared out of his mind :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:View attachment 263521
When we got off he was so mad at me for not telling him anything about the ride, I told him he should embrace the element of surprise :p:p

Turns out, Space Mountain is his favorite ride LOL, I'm going to try and get him a SM magic band when I go in March.
View attachment 263516
The park was closing, so we took our time walking out, admiring the beauty of a night on Main Street.
View attachment 263517View attachment 263518
Good night, beautiful! :inlove::inlove:

Up next: A VERY COLD Epcot morning!

So many people think of me at BTMRR - I’ve ridden it virtually via my WDWMagic friends so many times :D

becca_

Original Poster
I’m so sad that I haven’t seen HEA. I wish it would have been showing on one of 3 different nights in November. I would have detoured to watch it on the drive home!
Or even when he doesn’t ask me to carry everything.lol. Every time he gets something like that, within 10 minutes he’s asking me to hold it.
I’d rather save the $15 and not have to deal with it. :)

I do feel a little guilty every time I see one though.
I swear HEA is so much better than Wishes!!! There's always next time ;)
LOL, I remember my mom used to tell me that if she bought it and I asked her to hold it, she would return it or leave it wherever we were.

So many people think of me at BTMRR - I’ve ridden it virtually via my WDWMagic friends so many times :D
You may even break a world record for most times virtually ridden ;)

21stamps

I swear HEA is so much better than Wishes!!! There's always next time ;)
LOL, I remember my mom used to tell me that if she bought it and I asked her to hold it, she would return it or leave it wherever we were.

You may even break a world record for most times virtually ridden ;)

Ohhhh.. I like your mom!

MeeskaMooska0714

Also, total stalker status on your MK photos! We were there the same night and SOOOO close to each other. Tangled bathrooms around the same time, and walked off HM as soon as EMH started!! :banghead:

becca_

Original Poster
I'm going to try and write this before my nyquil kicks in so if I start to not make sense you'll know why ;)
Thursday, January 18th:

This morning we had plans to head to Epcot! We didn't have any Fast Passes until later at AK, so we were free to adventure as we pleased.
IMG_7305.jpg

I knew it would be cold this morning... but WOW. It was REALLY COLD! My knee was also really hurting and I just didn't feel good. I knew I didn't want to just stay in and waste precious park time, so we decided to take it slow.
IMG_7306.jpg

We filled up our mugs and we were on our way!
IMG_7308.jpg

At this point, I was really wishing we had our winter coats! It took SO long to get through security. I swear they really need a strollers only line...

We headed to our first attraction of the day, test track!
IMG_7309.jpg

IMG_7310.jpg

I let Daniel design the car and this is what he came up with:
IMG_7311.jpg

Not too shabby :hilarious:
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_8162712994.jpeg

It was SO SO SO cold.... like 20 degrees. I was trying so hard to have a good time but I was really feeling crappy!! We decided to head into Mouse Gear after to see what kind of warm clothing they had.

We ended up getting a fleece and a pullover sweater. We decided to sport our matching fleeces :angelic:
IMG_7313 2.jpg

Up next: More Epcot!

becca_

Original Poster
Epcot con't:

After we spent way too much money on clothes, we walked slowly over to Soarin', where we waited maybe 35 minutes. I had some frosted flakes in line and they seemed to help me feel a bit better.

We then walked into Sunshine Seasons in search of a real snack.
IMG_7316.jpg

Took this for @prfctlyximprct !! Little did I know she would have one of her own a few days later ;)
IMG_7317.jpg

We settled on some grapes and a frozen lemonade. Nothing really sounded appetizing so I thought fruit would be best.
IMG_7318.jpg

After we relaxed for a bit, we headed out to do the paint by numbers mural.
IMG_7319.jpg
IMG_7322.jpg

Why is he always squinting?!? I really should buy him some sunglasses for his birthday :hilarious:

They let you paint 6 squares, but most people were painting more since there was a good amount of paint in the container that they gave you! Also, the mural changes each week and I think they are now hanging by UoE!
IMG_7325.jpg

We decided to walk over to Mexico after painting. I think this mural was supposed to look like this (picture stolen from someone's youtube video).
Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 11.13.56 PM.png

We love this ride :hilarious::hilarious:
IMG_7334.jpg
IMG_7335.jpg
IMG_7337.jpg

I love these guys :inlove::inlove::inlove: They bring me so much joy!! Is that weird?? :joyfull::joyfull:

Up next: more Epcot!

riverside

Premium Member
Epcot con't:

After we spent way too much money on clothes, we walked slowly over to Soarin', where we waited maybe 35 minutes. I had some frosted flakes in line and they seemed to help me feel a bit better.

We then walked into Sunshine Seasons in search of a real snack.
View attachment 264009
Took this for @prfctlyximprct !! Little did I know she would have one of her own a few days later ;)
View attachment 264010
We settled on some grapes and a frozen lemonade. Nothing really sounded appetizing so I thought fruit would be best.
View attachment 264011
After we relaxed for a bit, we headed out to do the paint by numbers mural.
View attachment 264012View attachment 264015
Why is he always squinting?!? I really should buy him some sunglasses for his birthday :hilarious:

They let you paint 6 squares, but most people were painting more since there was a good amount of paint in the container that they gave you! Also, the mural changes each week and I think they are now hanging by UoE!
View attachment 264018
We decided to walk over to Mexico after painting. I think this mural was supposed to look like this (picture stolen from someone's youtube video).
View attachment 264023
We love this ride :hilarious::hilarious:
View attachment 264019View attachment 264020View attachment 264022
I love these guys :inlove::inlove::inlove: They bring me so much joy!! Is that weird?? :joyfull::joyfull:

Up next: more Epcot!
I painted a Figment mural when I was there also but I guarantee I didn’t paint the 6 squares I was allotted. I was pretty full at that point & most of my numbers were at the top. At 5’2” it wasn’t happening!! It was still fun though!!

becca_

Original Poster
I could so go for a rose gold cupcake right now. I told joe it’s all I want for Valentine’s Day. :p
That edible arrangement was a pretty close contender... looked SO yummy! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
Love the “strollers only” line idea! Thank you for making us excited for our next trip to WDW! ❤️
So glad you could be here! Thank you for reading! :)
I'm so sad I missed painting on the mural! Looks so fun :inlove:
It was!! So much fun we ended up doing it twice ;)

becca_

Original Poster
I painted a Figment mural when I was there also but I guarantee I didn’t paint the 6 squares I was allotted. I was pretty full at that point & most of my numbers were at the top. At 5’2” it wasn’t happening!! It was still fun though!!
Hahah, I totally understand. I'm only 5'4 and the woman working told me to try for the top spots... like? Uhhhh okay sure let me pull out my step ladder :bored::bored:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom